Customer Service 866.965.0400

Ceramic Sprayv. UV Ceramis Spray.

I have a question.  I just purchased the Ceramic Spray Coating kit a month or so ago.  Now I see a new spray coating with the added UV in the title.  It appears that it is a new product that can be applied directly over my existing Ceramic Spray Coating.  If this is true, then does this mean the original spray coating will be discontinued and also is the UV flashlight  required so the rainbow is visible?

Good question. I am not sure about the non UV version. I guess now that I think about it, I haven't seen it for sale since the UV version came out.

And I used the UV version quickly on my brother's windshield during day light. The flash (rainbowing) was very clearly visible. I did not use the UV flashlight.

So I believe that I figured this out a little.  First the Ceramic Kit I purchased is still available.  It has the prep, the spray coating and the boost.  If I remember correctly I read that the spray coating has a life of about 6 months if maintained properly.  It looks like this new spray is good for about 10-12 months.  I also noticed that the Ceramic Spray Coating that came in the kit is not available as a stand alone product that can be ordered.  No problem with that as it appears that this new spray is maintained with the same products that would be used on the original spray coating.  I wonder as it says it can be used on top of the existing coating, so I would think that means I can layer it on top of the newly applied Ceramic Spray Coating I just applied yesterday and applied the Boost today.  Am I on the right track with this?

Don’t overthink it.   Durability is going to vary with factors such as care and environment it is exposed to.   

muse the spray coating and maintain with ceramic boost.  If you so desire use the spray coating a few months down the road once again.  

On the Pre-UV, I did the son-in-laws F-150 on August 11th and as of yesterday it was still looking great, the water runs off it and is showing no signs of needing to be redone.  It does get regular maintenance washes using Wash+Coat with Ceramic Waterless Wash as a drying aid and the next was using Ultra Shampoo and Ceramic Boost as a drying aid.   

I am using that routine on four coated vehicles all with Ceramic Spray Coating.   Two of the coated vehicles have nothing over the coating and two have classic Ceramic Paste Wax on top of the coating.   One each are garage queens and one each are daily drivers left outside 24/7, call it an experiment in longevity for the coating.

Based on my experience with CPW and getting upwards of 10 months, I think that should help extend the coating's life expectancy. If I can keep from redoing all the prep down to 12-18 months, that is a real win given the number of vehicles that I'm doing.  Rumor has it that there are two more on the way to be rehabbed and restored in the next few weeks, which will bring me up to up to 11 to keep up with in SC, plus a few clients.  The Florida ones are a bit different and since they don't get the maintenance, I expect more work on them when I'm down there. 

9 hours ago, TR6speed said:

So I believe that I figured this out a little.  First the Ceramic Kit I purchased is still available.  It has the prep, the spray coating and the boost.  If I remember correctly I read that the spray coating has a life of about 6 months if maintained properly.  It looks like this new spray is good for about 10-12 months.  I also noticed that the Ceramic Spray Coating that came in the kit is not available as a stand alone product that can be ordered.  No problem with that as it appears that this new spray is maintained with the same products that would be used on the original spray coating.  I wonder as it says it can be used on top of the existing coating, so I would think that means I can layer it on top of the newly applied Ceramic Spray Coating I just applied yesterday and applied the Boost today.  Am I on the right track with this?

It may just be an old picture, I haven't seen the old Ceramic Spray Coating in the HQ for sale since the UV was released. 

You can layer it over any of Adam's coatings, be it spray or traditional.