Customer Service 866.965.0400

Wash, H20 Gloss, and Buttery wax

Crisco

Question

This has probably been asked a lot and I cannot seem to find an article on this. 

My routine is to go to the car wash (pressure hose place), wash the car. Afterwards use H20 gloss, which is absolutely stunning in itself as well as only needing 2 (pretty small) towels to dry an entire Challenger, then I apply buttery wax. 

I've spent about an hour just reading through these products so now I am just frustrated. 

I am looking to increase the longevity of shine and protection of my vehicle. It is parked outside, and it is a daily driver. 

My dilemma is that I don't exactly know what I should use AFTER H20 Gloss to give it that little oomph or protection I need since I heard buttery wax doesn't last long. 

Recap: Wash, H20 Gloss, followed by Buttery Wax. Looking for methods to prolong protection. 

3 answers to this question

First, welcome!

If you like the HGG - I do, too! - I recommend you strip it, apply Paint Sealant, and use HGG about once a month/every 3-4 washes. That will prolong your protection for at least 6 months.

If you're sticking with only HGG, just use it about once a month and you're good that way, too. It's a great standalone sealant so doesn't really need any "oopmh" between uses. 

For ultimate protection, Ceramic Coatings are your best choice. Ceramic Spray Coating is easiest to apply and an incredible product, but doesn't have the longevity of the traditional coatings.

Here's a great article that may help...

2 hours ago, falcaineer said:

First, welcome!

If you like the HGG - I do, too! - I recommend you strip it, apply Paint Sealant, and use HGG about once a month/every 3-4 washes. That will prolong your protection for at least 6 months.

If you're sticking with only HGG, just use it about once a month and you're good that way, too. It's a great standalone sealant so doesn't really need any "oopmh" between uses. 

For ultimate protection, Ceramic Coatings are your best choice. Ceramic Spray Coating is easiest to apply and an incredible product, but doesn't have the longevity of the traditional coatings.

Here's a great article that may help...

So given that my car is daily and sits outside. Does HGG standalone also protect from UV?

(I look at the Paint Sealant and it says "Increases shine, hydrophobic properties, and UV resistance" but H20 Gloss doesn't )

Edited by Crisco

19 hours ago, Crisco said:

So given that my car is daily and sits outside. Does HGG standalone also protect from UV?

(I look at the Paint Sealant and it says "Increases shine, hydrophobic properties, and UV resistance" but H20 Gloss doesn't )

Hi Crisco,

As @falcaineer recommended the Paint Sealant with HGG on it looks and lasts for a while.  If it is a white vehicle, it will really look great - I don't know what it is with HGG and White, but it is a perfect combination, in my opinion.  If you are going out for a weekend or to a show, you can go over the car with Brilliant Glaze and it will really make it pop, but be aware it only lasts for a of days.  

One additional item you can do with HGG is go over it with Ceramic Paste Wax.  I have done this with one white vehicle and I really liked the outcome.  The HGG gave it the look that I was after and the Ceramic Paste Wax gave it the additional longevity the owner wanted.  With the CPW, you will only apply HGG every 6 months or so when you do a strip wash again.  The maintenance on the CPW is to use Ceramic Boost once a month as a drying aid and the rest of the time use Ceramic Waterless Wash.