Customer Service 866.965.0400

Ceramic Waterless Towels

TR6speed

Question

I am changing both vehicles to Ceramic Spray Coating and just received a shipment of the waterless wash, wash & coat and boost.  I have 8-10 blue waffle waterless wash towels.  Can they be used instead of the once that are shown for the ceramic waterless wash?  Also I saw in the video and instructions for the wash & coat that they recommend a mist of the waterless to help drying, while I also used detail spray and I was thinking I would use the boost.

2 answers to this question

6 hours ago, TR6speed said:

I am changing both vehicles to Ceramic Spray Coating and just received a shipment of the waterless wash, wash & coat and boost.  I have 8-10 blue waffle waterless wash towels.  Can they be used instead of the once that are shown for the ceramic waterless wash?  Also I saw in the video and instructions for the wash & coat that they recommend a mist of the waterless to help drying, while I also used detail spray and I was thinking I would use the boost.

Hi Jack,

Did you get Ceramic waterless wash or the regular waterless wash?  I'm going to go under the assumption that you received the Ceramic based product.  The blue waterless wash towels are the same and I don't even keep mine separated between the vehicles using waterless wash vs ceramic waterless wash. 

For the Wash & Coat, I use the Lambskin mitt on the wife's vehicle and the 10" wash pad on all the others.   For boost, I use the Borderless Gray and then do a final wipe down with a double soft.   If I'm preparing the vehicle for a little extra pop with Brilliant Glaze, I use multiple single softs in lieu of the borderless gray.   Don't ask if it makes a difference between the Borderless Gray and single soft - I can't tell a difference, but the owner of the garage queen thinks so and that is what really matters.

@RayS has you pretty well covered. To address the drying aid, think of Ceramic Waterless like Detail Spray for ceramics and use it like that as well as like Waterless Wash, and you'll be golden. Shelve the Detail Spray for another non-coated car, nav screens, etc. Use Ceramic Boost about once a month/every 3-4 washes as it can build up, and it can be thought of similarly to HGG as far as sealing and drying at the same time.