Customer Service 866.965.0400

Quick couple of questions about Exterior Protection

Furyan

Question

So I've got a brand new vehicle,last one was Tboned and totalled a couple months ago. It came with a factory sealant so my washing routine was based off of that, established and good to go. With my new vehicle I opted out of the sealant this time because I wanted to get more hands on with Adam's various products and do more myself.

So needless to say with the basic paint and clearcoat now, my washing and mostly exterior protection methods will be totally different and I need some opinions on the directions I should take now. I'll list below the products I recently purchased and hopefully you guys n gals will chime in on what's the best options for layering products,upkeep ect. Overall I wanna experiment and see what produces the best protection and shine! Thanks.

Ceramic Paste Wax V1

Ceramic Boost

Brilliant Glaze

Buttery Wax

H20 Guard and Gloss

Spray Wax

Pic of my new ride :)

2020 Dodge Durango GT Plus

20200102_212904.jpg

Edited by Furyan

13 answers to this question

I have to agree with @Chris@Adams on the good looking vehicle and coating.  I did my Wife's and son-in-laws vehicles right after purchase.  Not only was the vehicle much easier to prep, it also reduced the number of dings that had to be dealt with.  It has been 7 months since I did the son-in-laws truck and it still looks great and 5 months on the wife's.  

If can you can swing the coating, you'll love the looks and ease of maintenance.

Edited by RayS

On 1/20/2020 at 2:58 PM, Chris@Adams said:

Nice Durango, I know it's not on your list however if I were you I would Ceramic Coat it.

A coated car is 10 times easier to take care off especially when it's dark color.

Its definitely on my list once I use up all of these products in my list. 😁 What ceramic  coating did you use? Durango looks clean af👍👍

Anyone else wanna chime in on the best use of the products I bought above? 

I agree with Chris on the ceramic paint coating.  I had zero experience with coatings until last year.  I have now applied it on 4 cars and it works wonders..looks great too! 
   Im actually going to try this spray coating in the spring on another car.  I just don’t have the time to keep a car out of service for 24 hours as it’s recommended by the instructions  
 I top my vehicles off with the ceramic paste wax twice a year. And use the ceramic boost about once a month. 
The brilliant glaze I received an a mystery box and I use that for my interior windows. 

10 hours ago, tlbullet said:

Im actually going to try this spray coating in the spring on another car.  I just don’t have the time to keep a car out of service for 24 hours as it’s recommended by the instructions

Ceramic Spray Coating only needs 4 hours to cure. Happy coating! 😃

Buttery Wax

H20 Guard and Gloss

Spray Wax

Detail spray

Regular Waterless and rinseless washes

Can these be applied on top of the ceramic coating? Or do I NEED to use the other ceramic products?

Edited by Furyan

Furyan,

With the products you'd mentioned in your OP I'd recommend applying the Ceramic Paste Wax V1 and wipe it down every couple/few washes with the Ceramic Boost. After each wash wipe down the wheels with the Ceramic Boost. Use the Brilliant Glaze to keep your interior glass spotless.

On your post just above you can use the Detail Spray as a drying aide after washing if you'd like, it won't hurt anything. Go ahead and use the regular Waterless Wash and Rinseless Wash as you would on any vehicle.

With the Ceramic Paste Wax on the paint there would be no need for the Buttery Wax, H2O Guard & Gloss, or Spray Wax.

10 hours ago, falcaineer said:

Ceramic Spray Coating only needs 4 hours to cure. Happy coating! 😃

Although i just CC both my cars this summer/fall,  i did purchase the large bottle of CSC during the black friday sale! Ill prob use it this summer even though the CC should last well over one year. 
Why not!!🤷🏼‍♂️

5 hours ago, tlbullet said:

Although i just CC both my cars this summer/fall,  i did purchase the large bottle of CSC during the black friday sale! Ill prob use it this summer even though the CC should last well over one year. 
Why not!!🤷🏼‍♂️

No reason at all why not!