Customer Service 866.965.0400

Americana wax or switch to ceramic

cortez

Question

10 answers to this question

Every wax that Adam's makes is an excellent product.  But here's my rankings from where to start to where you want to end up (don't want to say worst to best because there is no worst)

Buttery Wax

Spray Wax

Americana

Patriot

Ceramic

Keep in mind, this is just my opinion and I've tried them all.  When they came out with Patriot, it was a world of difference between that and Americana in ease of use and appearance and protection.  And I didn't think they could improve on the Patriot.  But the Ceramic Wax, for me, is a bump up .  A bit easier to apply and remove, a noticeable difference in appearance, and a HUGE difference in how long it lasts.  So in my opinion, try the Ceramic.  If you don't like it,  there's always the guarantee, or you can just switch back to the Americana.

48 minutes ago, Rich said:

Every wax that Adam's makes is an excellent product.  But here's my rankings from where to start to where you want to end up (don't want to say worst to best because there is no worst)

Buttery Wax

Spray Wax

Americana

Patriot

Ceramic

Keep in mind, this is just my opinion and I've tried them all.  When they came out with Patriot, it was a world of difference between that and Americana in ease of use and appearance and protection.  And I didn't think they could improve on the Patriot.  But the Ceramic Wax, for me, is a bump up .  A bit easier to apply and remove, a noticeable difference in appearance, and a HUGE difference in how long it lasts.  So in my opinion, try the Ceramic.  If you don't like it,  there's always the guarantee, or you can just switch back to the Americana.

Perfect thank you now use traditional ceramic or spray??

I will give you my opinion on the wax v. Ceramic.  

I have been an Adams customer for years.  Started when he only had the Revive Polish and Buttery Wax,  I have made the progression from there to Ceramic.  I have been a strong conventional products ever since the Ceramic fade started.  I even went as far as to say the Ceramic coating is a lazy mans product.  I always like to spent that time doing all the step in getting the show car finish with the clay, polish, glaze and then wax.  I have used the Americana and loved it.  Moved up to the Patriot and found it was the one step above the Americana.  I have had people ask me who did the ceramic coating on my Vette, and they would not believe me when I told them it was just the old fashion wax.  

Well, I decided to venture into the ceramic world for the wife's car.  It is not what many consider a daily driver seeing we are both retired and both her car (2018 Equinox) and my car are garage kept, but it sees a lot more driving then the Vette, so I decided to try the Ceramic Sprat Coating.  I always said that for the deep wet look you cannot beat a nicely waxed paint finish.  well I have decide that after seeing her car coated, I have decide to do the Corvette.

Here is her car after the ceramic coating and mine after Patriot wax.  The finish on the Equinox is as good as the Patriot wax on the Corvette.  So it comes down to you and what you want to use.  It seems to me that the ceramic is going to be easier to maintain and I have also noticed that while dust in the air will settle on both cars, the ceramic never looks as dirty as the waxed finish and it seems to blow off almost completely after driving while the wax finish does not.

20200113_133651_resized.jpg

20200113_133724_resized.jpg

20190111_143436_resized.jpg

20190111_143445_resized.jpg

20 hours ago, cortez said:

Perfect thank you now use traditional ceramic or spray??

I'm not brave enough to use the traditional ceramic, so I opted with the spray and been very happy with it.  It's not going to last as long as the traditional, and for me that's fine.  My daily is black and it looks wet and deep. And it's a LOT easier to use.  But it's up to you how much effort you want to put into it.  Start with the spray, and when the time comes down the road that you need to do it again and feel like you're ready to do it, then switch to the full ceramic coat.  Right now during the winter, I'm maintaining it with Ceramic Boost till it gets warm enough to really get at it again.  But anyhow, this is what it looked like the day I did the CSC.

66357430_10216185494969290_1934426787350052864_o.jpg

I was always a Wax, Americana, Patriots and then Ceramic Paste person until my son-in-law got his F-150 and that is when it was try time to try the Ceramic Spray Coating. Even then I was pretty adamant that the Mustang would keep getting Ceramic Paste Wax.  After doing the F-150, Colorado, Terrain and Mustang was done.   I do have CPW on top of the coating on the Terrain the Mustang, just because I though they deserved an extra touch.   

All the vehicles, 2019 F-150, 2017 Colorado, 1998 Mustang, 2019 Terrain, 2016 Club Car all have Ceramic Spray Coating on them.  

IMG_0485.JPG

IMG_0539.JPG

IMG_0565.JPG

IMG_0559.JPG

IMG_0586.JPG

7 hours ago, RayS said:

I was always a Wax, Americana, Patriots and then Ceramic Paste person until my son-in-law got his F-150 and that is when it was try time to try the Ceramic Spray Coating. Even then I was pretty adamant that the Mustang would keep getting Ceramic Paste Wax.  After doing the F-150, Colorado, Terrain and Mustang was done.   I do have CPW on top of the coating on the Terrain the Mustang, just because I though they deserved an extra touch.   

All the vehicles, 2019 F-150, 2017 Colorado, 1998 Mustang, 2019 Terrain, 2016 Club Car all have Ceramic Spray Coating on them.  

IMG_0485.JPG

IMG_0539.JPG

IMG_0565.JPG

IMG_0559.JPG

IMG_0586.JPG

One of these is not like the others. Hint: it's not the golf cart. 🤔😂

(Couldn't help it, Ray 😁)

I can get the same look, I believe, from the waxes or coatings; Spray or the traditional Paint Coating.

To me it's the longevity I get from the coatings vs. the waxes.

Spray Wax lasts me through about one wash, but does help maintain wax already on a vehicle.

Buttery lasts a month tops for me.

Americana and Patriot last several months

Guard and Gloss about four months

Paint Sealant about six months

The original 7H Ceramic Paint Coating we offered in 2017 began to fail on me through this past summer 2 years! I wasn't able to maintain those coated cars like I'm able to now with Wash & Coat, Ceramic Waterless Wash, and the Ceramic Spray Coating and Ceramic Paste Wax. The cars are not garaged and outside 24/7/365

I applied the current 9H Ceramic Paint Coating to my Dodge Magnum in early fall and to the Chevy Camaro the week before Christmas.

so6kdru.jpg

EB0uRSq.jpg

The GTO has the V1 Ceramic Paste Wax on it. This car is garaged and only taken out on nice days, Cruise Ins, and Shows.

aLYTguq.jpg

The Subaru was a customers car and was protected with Spray Wax. This car was fully detailed but not polished. The above cars were polished prior to coating or waxing.

1MCSY97.jpg

Edited by BRZN

15 hours ago, falcaineer said:

One of these is not like the others. Hint: it's not the golf cart. 🤔😂

(Couldn't help it, Ray 😁)

How did I miss that - The wheels are turned on the first one and all the others have the wheels straight.   As a side note, I'm still not sure my son-in-law fits in with the rest of family, but I'm not sure what makes me think that.  Have faith, I'll get him trained eventually. 

6 hours ago, RayS said:

How did I miss that - The wheels are turned on the first one and all the others have the wheels straight.   As a side note, I'm still not sure my son-in-law fits in with the rest of family, but I'm not sure what makes me think that.  Have faith, I'll get him trained eventually. 

Don't bet on it!!  17 years and I still can't train mine!  :lolsmack: