Customer Service 866.965.0400

Dumb Question

TR6speed

Question

I did the Ceramic Spry Coating on the wife's car a little over a week ago and I received my order of the Waterless wash for the ceramic along with other ceramic products.  It has been cold here in the Tampa Bar area (low 30's high 50's) I would assume that I should wait for the temp to reach mid 60'd at least before using the waterless wash with the 10% ceramic in it.

6 answers to this question

3 hours ago, TR6speed said:

I did the Ceramic Spry Coating on the wife's car a little over a week ago and I received my order of the Waterless wash for the ceramic along with other ceramic products.  It has been cold here in the Tampa Bar area (low 30's high 50's) I would assume that I should wait for the temp to reach mid 60'd at least before using the waterless wash with the 10% ceramic in it.

I have used the Ceramic Waterless Wash when it has been as low as 40 outside without any problems and the son-in-laws and they are always outside.  The one thing that I have noticed when it gets a bit chili out is that you need less product because it doesn't evaporate as fast.  The other thing is that once you have gone over the vehicle with CWW, if you wait about a half hour and then wipe it down with a single or double soft it will bring out the shine a bit more.  

The garage never drops below 50 and have never had a concern with the garage queen and it works great.  I still tend to go over the vehicle with a double soft (wife's car) 15-30 minutes after I have used CWW and if I'm in a good mood or the wife isn't, then I break out the Brilliant Glaze to really make it pop.

1 hour ago, RayS said:

I have used the Ceramic Waterless Wash when it has been as low as 40 outside without any problems and the son-in-laws and they are always outside.  The one thing that I have noticed when it gets a bit chili out is that you need less product because it doesn't evaporate as fast.  The other thing is that once you have gone over the vehicle with CWW, if you wait about a half hour and then wipe it down with a single or double soft it will bring out the shine a bit more.  

The garage never drops below 50 and have never had a concern with the garage queen and it works great.  I still tend to go over the vehicle with a double soft (wife's car) 15-30 minutes after I have used CWW and if I'm in a good mood or the wife isn't, then I break out the Brilliant Glaze to really make it pop.

So you can apply BG over a ceramic coat.  I always thought you never mixed the standard products with the ceramic products.  I thought that was the reason for the strip wash.

5 hours ago, TR6speed said:

So you can apply BG over a ceramic coat.  I always thought you never mixed the standard products with the ceramic products.  I thought that was the reason for the strip wash.

I wouldn't.  Use the ceramic boost instead.  

16 hours ago, Rich said:

I wouldn't.  Use the ceramic boost instead.  

I did not think it was a good idea to use to different types of products, but RayS said he does sometimes after the Ceramic Waterless to add a little more pop.

2 hours ago, TR6speed said:

I did not think it was a good idea to use to different types of products, but RayS said he does sometimes after the Ceramic Waterless to add a little more pop.

Yes, I most certainly do.  While it does nothing for the longevity of the coating or product, it does make the vehicle pop, just like adding BG over any of the waxes.   I used on the vehicles that had Ceramic Paste Wax when we were going out or to a show and have done the same with the Ceramic Spray Coating after the use of Ceramic Waterless.

Does it hurt the Ceramic coating, I don't know, but given that few times that I've done and it on the vehicles, I doubt it affects it at all or if it does it is minor.  My recommendation is to experiment on your test panel, not on your vehicle.  BG's affect is very short lived and at most last 3 days, 2 if it is in the full sun.