Customer Service 866.965.0400

Stop the Maddness

TR6speed

Question

Ok, just to get your attention, but I will admit, it seems like every time I stock up on products a new one hits the market.  This time it is the CS3.  While I will admit after watching the video I am a little confused.  Is this to be used on non-ceramic coated or on ceramic coated vehicles or better yet on either.  It sounds like a waterless style wash/detail spray/ceramic coating.  I just received my latest shipment and in it was the 64 oz. ceramic waterless.  Is this new product a step above the ceramic waterless?

17 answers to this question

Good question. I thought the same thing in regards to Ceramic WW.. To me it seems like CS3 is doing the same thing. Unless they added abrasives in there to get the "shine" part, but I don't think they would do that.

I'm interested in hearing the update/difference

And the Ceramic Spray Coating is now in a new bottle. I wonder if we're moving away from the Ceramic Line branding?

Edited by Yo-Yo Ma's Cousin

What’s the difference between the “new” ceramic spray coating and the “UV” ceramic spray coating?  Exactly the same but with UV thingys in it?

I just bought the UV CSC along with the flashlight.  So is it the same or not.  

Adams needs to be a little more clear on the differences 

24 minutes ago, Yo-Yo Ma's Cousin said:

Good question. I thought the same thing in regards to Ceramic WW.. To me it seems like CS3 is doing the same thing. Unless they added abrasives in there to get the "shine" part, but I don't think they would do that.

I'm interested in hearing the update/difference

And the Ceramic Spray Coating is now in a new bottle. I wonder if we're moving away from the Ceramic Line branding?

I have the new Spray Coating.  I believe the only difference in this and the original Ceramic Spray Coating is the UV element.  

13 minutes ago, TR6speed said:

I have the new Spray Coating.  I believe the only difference in this and the original Ceramic Spray Coating is the UV element.  

image.png.374563a37c8e94c6b97d131dc822ea6f.png

Another version is out now. @Pugsly14 not sure what the differences are here. Excited to see what these are.

Edited by Yo-Yo Ma's Cousin

56 minutes ago, Yo-Yo Ma's Cousin said:

image.png.374563a37c8e94c6b97d131dc822ea6f.png

Another version is out now. @Pugsly14 not sure what the differences are here. Excited to see what these are.

It is getting confusing and I am not sure what I am to use.  I realize I can continue to use what I have, it is just I am one of those that has to have the latest and greatest.  At least Adam does call everything ne, not new and improved.  Whenever I see that, "New and Improved"  I say to myself what was I using before , "Old and Junky".  Maybe one of the Adams people will see this and answer these questions.

I'm not sure when I'll be doing my next order, but I do plan on getting a bottle to try.  Here is how I'm rethinking of when and where I would use what based on the wife's garage queen.    

Week #1:  Wash & Coat with Ceramic Waterless Wash as a drying aid, which it does an excellent job for.

Week #2:  No wash, just use CS3 inside the garage (currently I use Ceramic Waterless Wash on the off weeks)

Week #3:  Car Shampoo with Ceramic Boost as a drying aid.

Week #4:  No wash, just use CS3 inside the garage.

Once people start getting it and trying different use patterns, then we can see where it works best in our routines.  I do hope they continue with the fatter bottles and higher quality sprayers for the rest of the line.

36 minutes ago, Rich said:

My understanding from watching the video is that the CS3 is a Ceramic Waterless Wash, and the Ceramic Spray Coating is just that. 

If the CS3 is a waterless wash, then what is the other ceramic waterless wash?  I mean it is just starting to get confusing.  Then you have the Ceramic Spray Coating UV and now it looks like there ia n ew just Ceraminc Spray.  Is it the same as the older Ceramic Spray Coating that was sold in the kit?

2 hours ago, TR6speed said:

If the CS3 is a waterless wash, then what is the other ceramic waterless wash?  I mean it is just starting to get confusing.  Then you have the Ceramic Spray Coating UV and now it looks like there ia n ew just Ceraminc Spray.  Is it the same as the older Ceramic Spray Coating that was sold in the kit?

I asked this question earlier,  but didn't get a definitive answer.  We'll all be waiting to hear from Chris.

Okay,  here's your answer guys and gals. 

"Introducing Adam’s CS3 – As many of you have asked, what’s the difference between this and Adam’s Ceramic Waterless? While these are similar, we have tweaked the formulation and repositioned the marketing to expand this amazing technology to a larger market. In our current Ceramic Waterless, we market a similar formulation as a maintenance product as a part of a larger system. The reality is, we’ve been able to tweak and develop a special blend that deserves a standalone product that isn’t just part of a system. This formula was designed to be used on coated & uncoated vehicles and is a modern take on a 3-in-1 detailer with silica-film formers, emulsifying agents, shine agents, lubricating polymers, chelates and more. In short, we’ve smashed the technology of Ceramic Waterless & Ceramic Boost together to bring a truly incredible all-in-one experience."

So there ya go.  Ceramic Waterless and Ceramic Boost all in one.  PERFECT!  Can't wait to try it!

9 hours ago, Rich said:

Okay,  here's your answer guys and gals. 

"Introducing Adam’s CS3 – As many of you have asked, what’s the difference between this and Adam’s Ceramic Waterless? While these are similar, we have tweaked the formulation and repositioned the marketing to expand this amazing technology to a larger market. In our current Ceramic Waterless, we market a similar formulation as a maintenance product as a part of a larger system. The reality is, we’ve been able to tweak and develop a special blend that deserves a standalone product that isn’t just part of a system. This formula was designed to be used on coated & uncoated vehicles and is a modern take on a 3-in-1 detailer with silica-film formers, emulsifying agents, shine agents, lubricating polymers, chelates and more. In short, we’ve smashed the technology of Ceramic Waterless & Ceramic Boost together to bring a truly incredible all-in-one experience."

So there ya go.  Ceramic Waterless and Ceramic Boost all in one.  PERFECT!  Can't wait to try it!

Ok, I guess I can settle for that.  So I will stick to what I stick with using the Ceramic Waterless product for a quick cleanup and the boost after a few washes with the Wash & Coat.  

I still would like to know if the New Ceramic Spray is the same that was sold in the Ceramic Kit that came with Surface Prep and Boost.  Like I mentioned I just received a shipment tp add to my original order that was the Kit, that now is no longer around.  In this shipment I order the Wash & Coat, the 64 oz Ceramic Waterless wash and a bottle of the UV Ceramic Spray Coating.  So all told I have spent around $200 to find out in just over a week, there is a better Waterless wash and a (possibly)new Ceramic Spray Coating.  I sure would like to know if the new sray is any different then the one that was in the original kit, or any better then the UV spray.  I just hate to spend more money and then find out that there is a new product out.

This is what's annoying me about these 2 new Ceramic products. Adam's was just bragging about their color coded label system for the Ceramics to help clear up confusion then they introduce 2 new ceramic products with the standard labels. I love the company and the products but this should've been thought about.

If CS3 is CWW and CB, can it only be used once a month? I would want to use WW weekly but CB can't be used weekly because it will build up. 

I'd also like to know the difference between this new CSC and the UV CSC. Are they the same just one with and one without the UV? If so, I'm not sure why CSC would be needed without the UV. It's just an added perk to help with application. They have the same descriptions minus the UV part. 

image.png.812e101d9c9e257e4cf86545a3e9452f.png

Thanks for all the replies, but after some research I have my answer or at least what my real concerns were.  The real issue was, what was the difference in the UV compared to the new ceramic spray.  None I found out, except for the UV properties.  Also the CS3 is designed to be used on both coated and non-coated vehicles, so I will simply continue with my regiment.  I used the Ceramic Waterless in-between washes with the Wash & Coat and use the Boost about every 2-3 washes.  I don't see the need for the CS3.

The one issue I would like to see Adams consider is to repackage the new ceramic spray in a bottle more consistent with the all the other ceramic products.  As it is now, it seems like it would be easily confused with Detail Spray or the Spray Wax, if you are in a hurry and grab without looking closely.  

So I have everything under the sun from Adams... I did CSC a few months back, perform maintenance with Ceramic Boost... well yesterday I went through the car wash😳😳😳...I know I was weak and the car was dirty!!! Anyway I needed to touch up some water spots left behind and grabbed just regular Detail Spray. I was instantly impressed again with how slick and shiny it left my car. Sometimes it’s best to just go with a product that built this company! 

A8641E1B-A38A-493C-873E-3C19B6E661C8.jpeg

Edited by Rb1274

On 2/16/2020 at 10:41 AM, Rb1274 said:

So I have everything under the sun from Adams... I did CSC a few months back, perform maintenance with Ceramic Boost... well yesterday I went through the car wash😳😳😳...I know I was weak and the car was dirty!!! Anyway I needed to touch up some water spots left behind and grabbed just regular Detail Spray. I was instantly impressed again with how slick and shiny it left my car. Sometimes it’s best to just go with a product that built this company! 

A8641E1B-A38A-493C-873E-3C19B6E661C8.jpeg

Not sure that was a good test.  I have read where you can use that as well as even wax on top of the ceramic.  I would not wax the car then use the ceramic.  Also why not simply ust the Ceramic Waterless to touch up the areas needing it after the wash?