Jump to content
Customer Service 866.965.0400
  • 0
Sign in to follow this  
TR6speed

Applying Ceramic Spray

Question

Ok, I finally found out that the Ceramic Spray UV is the exact same formula as the new Ceramic Spray.  Only difference is on has the UV tracer and other does not.  I also now believe that the original Ceramic Spray Coating kit that came with the Prep, Coating and Boost is most likely the same except that it did not have the longer last properties of the newer versions.  So I happened to watch a video with Adam applying the Ceramic Spray Coating and he even applied it to the glass areas and the plastic trim.  I did not see that when I order the kit originally so I assume I can use it (UV version) the same way as he did in the video.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

5 answers to this question

Recommended Posts

  • 0
52 minutes ago, TR6speed said:

Ok, I finally found out that the Ceramic Spray UV is the exact same formula as the new Ceramic Spray.  Only difference is on has the UV tracer and other does not.  I also now believe that the original Ceramic Spray Coating kit that came with the Prep, Coating and Boost is most likely the same except that it did not have the longer last properties of the newer versions.  So I happened to watch a video with Adam applying the Ceramic Spray Coating and he even applied it to the glass areas and the plastic trim.  I did not see that when I order the kit originally so I assume I can use it (UV version) the same way as he did in the video.

Yessir, it should be the same

 

“What can I use this on? Can I just spray the whole car with it?”Adam’s Ceramic Spray Coating provides protection to an extreme range of areas on your vehicle. Painted surfaces, Wheels, Glass, Headlights, Plastic trim, Bed liners, Tonneau covers, Canvas tops, Floor mats, Unfinished metal— All are safe to be protected. As much as we want you to spray the entire vehicle at once, we strongly recommend that you go panel by panel to ensure thoroughly application and as much control of overspray as possible. 

 

That came from the product page

 

If the video you watched was the one where it looks like Adam is teaching a class and he sprays directly on the vehicle and does about a door at a time, then I think I've seen that one. Although I fully believe that is a good way to use the product, I've had worse luck (with overspray and high spots) by spraying directly on the vehicle, so I choose to spray into my applicator and run the applicator on the vehicle.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 0
2 hours ago, Yo-Yo Ma's Cousin said:

Yessir, it should be the same

 

“What can I use this on? Can I just spray the whole car with it?”Adam’s Ceramic Spray Coating provides protection to an extreme range of areas on your vehicle. Painted surfaces, Wheels, Glass, Headlights, Plastic trim, Bed liners, Tonneau covers, Canvas tops, Floor mats, Unfinished metal— All are safe to be protected. As much as we want you to spray the entire vehicle at once, we strongly recommend that you go panel by panel to ensure thoroughly application and as much control of overspray as possible. 

 

That came from the product page

 

If the video you watched was the one where it looks like Adam is teaching a class and he sprays directly on the vehicle and does about a door at a time, then I think I've seen that one. Although I fully believe that is a good way to use the product, I've had worse luck (with overspray and high spots) by spraying directly on the vehicle, so I choose to spray into my applicator and run the applicator on the vehicle.

When I did the wife's car I sprayed it onto the blue microfiber pad and then applied it to the car.  As you say by spraying directly to the car as you would do with the ceramic wash seems to one induce high and low spots plus it seem like you would waste a lot of the product.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 0
10 hours ago, TR6speed said:

When I did the wife's car I sprayed it onto the blue microfiber pad and then applied it to the car.  As you say by spraying directly to the car as you would do with the ceramic wash seems to one induce high and low spots plus it seem like you would waste a lot of the product.

 

Agreed.  Spray it onto your applicator first for best results. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 0
18 hours ago, Rich said:

 

Agreed.  Spray it onto your applicator first for best results. 

Here is a picture that I posted a while ago, and no @falcaineer my hands are not Orange, those are gloves.  I use 2-3 sprays to cover the area shown in the box and that has proven to be enough product for a even distribution on chemical on the panel.

 

Please don't think you are careful enough that you don't need to wear gloves.  The effort to clean your hands just isn't worth the hassle and gloves are cheap.  Adam's sells gloves just for the ceramic and while I have not used them, suspect they are fine.   Given the amount of mechanical work that my son-in-law and I do, we buy the mechanics gloves in boxes of 100.

IMG_0543.JPG

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 0

Agreed.  A couple years ago, Adam's sold boxes of gloves (they're green) and I got a box.  They've come in handy more times than I can count.  Really helpful when it's cold out, but I still have to wash the salt and crap off.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Answer this question...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

×
×
  • Create New...