Jump to content
Customer Service 866.965.0400
  • 0
Sign in to follow this  
them240i

Best option for cleaning wheels when using Waterless Wash?

Question

Yesterday, I was planning on doing a full detail of my car, but it started to rain, so I switched my plan to using Waterless Wash. While I was "washing," I was wondering, what would be the best way to clean the wheels when I'm using WW? Could I use WW on the wheels or just skip them until my next full wash? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

6 answers to this question

Recommended Posts

  • 0
8 hours ago, them240i said:

Yesterday, I was planning on doing a full detail of my car, but it started to rain, so I switched my plan to using Waterless Wash. While I was "washing," I was wondering, what would be the best way to clean the wheels when I'm using WW? Could I use WW on the wheels or just skip them until my next full wash? 

Hi Fred,

I use WW on my wheels if they aren't too nasty, but I generally use a lower grade towel since you never know what might be on them.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 0

I do not wash my cars with Waterless Wash, but use Rinseless Wash about 95% of the time.  I will often clean the wheels at the end with the remaining Rinseless Wash and a wheel brush.

 

As for the rain, I have washed my car in the garage several times when it was raining.  It left no more water that it would if I had driven in the rain, maybe less.

 

My favorite wash of all time was cleaning my clients 1912 race car in an airplane hangar!  We had set it up for an event (DuPont Registry dinner) that was held in 2 adjacent hangars.  Several folks stood around with their mouths hanging open while I cleaned the car (using the 'bucket of towels' or Garry Dean method) while the catering staff was setting up the bar and serving stations.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 0
19 hours ago, RayS said:

Hi Fred,

I use WW on my wheels if they aren't too nasty, but I generally use a lower grade towel since you never know what might be on them.  

 

Would generic shop towels be ok for that then? Or should I use something like the utility towel? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 0
1 hour ago, them240i said:

 

Would generic shop towels be ok for that then? Or should I use something like the utility towel? 

I have a stack of warn out borderless grey and single softs that are my go to towels for anything that might degrade them even more.  I think shop towels would be fine for the wheels as long they aren't the ones that feel like sandpaper.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 0
2 minutes ago, RayS said:

I have a stack of warn out borderless grey and single softs that are my go to towels for anything that might degrade them even more.  I think shop towels would be fine for the wheels as long they aren't the ones that feel like sandpaper.

 

They don't have any grit to them as they are brand new (got them in bulk from Harbor Freight). 

 

However, now I know that the WW does work on wheels! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Answer this question...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

×
×
  • Create New...