Customer Service 866.965.0400

Ceramic Waterless Wash Streaks

I am using the ceramic waterless wash on the wife's Equinox that I just recently coated with the ceramic spray.  I just can't get it to stop streaking.  I do it in the shade or garage and one panel at a time.  I do it just like the product video shows wipe in one direction.  But after the car is completely finished I see streaks.  I am using the older blue waterless wash towels and was thinking they just are not soaking up the product.  I don't overly soak the area just a mist that cover the area.  The only way to get the streaks to buff out is to really apply pressure.  Should I go back with the fresh towel after each panel?

I do have an order on its way and in it is a 6 pack of the new towels.  Also I ordered the large refill of the wash originally and thought I also order a 10oz bottle.  I did not so I simply am using a larger non Adams spray bottle.  Could it be dispensing more product then the standard Adams bottle?

53 minutes ago, TR6speed said:

I am using the ceramic waterless wash on the wife's Equinox that I just recently coated with the ceramic spray.  I just can't get it to stop streaking.  I do it in the shade or garage and one panel at a time.  I do it just like the product video shows wipe in one direction.  But after the car is completely finished I see streaks.  I am using the older blue waterless wash towels and was thinking they just are not soaking up the product.  I don't overly soak the area just a mist that cover the area.  The only way to get the streaks to buff out is to really apply pressure.  Should I go back with the fresh towel after each panel?

I do have an order on its way and in it is a 6 pack of the new towels.  Also I ordered the large refill of the wash originally and thought I also order a 10oz bottle.  I did not so I simply am using a larger non Adams spray bottle.  Could it be dispensing more product then the standard Adams bottle?

It could be your towels, Are you using older towels? I know mine tend to do that sometimes when I use Ceramic boost. Sometimes all it takes is to just use a new towel and retire the old one for other duties. Let us know if that changes anything. (This is just my prognosis, Im sure others will be able to shine more light)

1 hour ago, ObsessedDetailer said:

It could be your towels, Are you using older towels? I know mine tend to do that sometimes when I use Ceramic boost. Sometimes all it takes is to just use a new towel and retire the old one for other duties. Let us know if that changes anything. (This is just my prognosis, Im sure others will be able to shine more light)

Thanks I will update if the new towels made a difference.  Also I was wondering why is it that the buffing needs to be with another waterless waffle towel.  Wouldn't a single or double soft towel work just as well?

5 hours ago, TR6speed said:

I have noticed that I get streaking once in a while when I use an older towel.  However, if you soak the towel in hot water and then wash it with microfiber revitalizer, it will bring it back to life if there is any life left.   Also, when I am done with a panel with waterless wash, I immediately go over it with a single soft and it will catch any liquid that is left.  

I have a couple observations here,

- Ceramic Waterless has only streaked for me once and it was chilly and windy out, so it dried quick and I had never used it in the cold before.  I sprayed  a little more into a dry towel and it buffed away

No other issues with it, in fact i love the stuff

- Ceramic Boost use to streak all the time for me, even the newer stuff, it was frustrating. I was also using it constantly.  So i stopped using it so much, then I would do just one spray into a towel first, then wipe the surface, that seemed to work, but then I was wondering if I was getting all the benefits.  Now with the smaller sprayers that atomize the liquid more, I spray directly on the surface and no issues.

The take away, it could be your towels and perhaps too much liquid, and maybe its drying on the surface too fast as well.  

Sorry to ramble, just some of my observations.

13 hours ago, Rich said:

Another thing I've noticed is more streaking in cold weather, like around 45 - 55*.  So that second towel is a must.

Well I am in Florida and it was about 80 when I was doing using it.  My latest purchase will be here today so I will have new WW towels and I will see how this does.

Thanks for the replies

I've found that mixing Ceramic Boost 50/50 with distilled water keeps it from streaking on me. I obviously use too much product. I'll also spray a light mist into the towel and wipe it across the finish, then buff with a clean dry single soft microfiber towel. Perhaps cutting the Ceramic Waterless Wash will work too.