Customer Service 866.965.0400

What product to clean rubber gym dumbbells?

John707

Question

Morning folks! I bought a brand new set of dumbbells for my garage gym and wanted to clean off this slick oily residue from the rubber hex weight bar of them. Which product would be safe to use? Maybe even condition them after cleaning using VRT?

Thanks!

11 answers to this question

On 3/11/2020 at 6:10 AM, falcaineer said:

Are they rust? You could maybe try Iron Remover.

To be honest I am not sure what it is. I got them brand new they were in boxes so I am thinking its not dried blood? Maybe rust. I'll try the iron remover thanks!

It looks so good! I like your idea more than others. I want to create something similar to your gym at home. Moreover, don't want to go to public places during quarantine. I'm only afraid that I will do the wrong exercises, I need someone nearby. I know when you train at home, you can hurt yourself, not doing the exercise correctly. I can cite a case with one friend who, having back problems, bought herself a trainer bike. As it turned out, she had intervertebral hernias, as a result of which she has a second disability group and titanium inserts between the vertebrae. So I'm worried about training at home, but I'll have to. When I went to the gym, I had a set of workouts, and I took supplements which didn't harm me. Everything was fine, but now we need to look for a new opportunity. Maybe I try an online trainer?

Edited by FishFreddy