Customer Service 866.965.0400

Picked up CS3 and Ceramic Spray Coating now what??

bosco1

Question

Hey guys picked up some CS3 and Ceramic Spray Coating, thought I would try it out on the Suburban. The Burb is our used and abused vehicle. It last had Paint seal, BG and buttery wax. Been washed a few times since and probably at least been G/Glosed 2 times. Can I use these products over top? If so which 1 or both and what order. Just washed it up no GG this time. Many thanks in advance.

dan

Adams_Ceramic_Spray_Coating_12oz_Product_Photo_800x.jpg

Adams_CS3_12oz_Product_Photo_800x.jpg

20 answers to this question

Vehicles need to be properly prepared before applying the Ceramic Spray Coat. You'll want to wash, strip, polish, and use the prep before you apply it.  Apply the Ceramic Spray with the little gray square applicator.  You can maintain it afterwards with the CS3 (kind of like a waterless wash)  and just use a microfiber to wipe it off with.  But you need to have your vehicle prepared the right way first, before you apply anything.

I believe Rich is referring to the product called “Surface Prep”  ( https://adamspolishes.com/products/surface-prep )which is an alcohol spray that removes any remaining waxes and polishes after you prepped the vehicle for the coating.  Utilizing “Surface Prep” is the absolute last thing you do just before the “Spray Coating”

I will try and upload Adam’s video here...

Edited by Nickfire20

Yes so you have the most recent Spray Coating,  he is using an older version in the video.  

Boost is still available and contains more SIO2, then the CS3.  CS3 is great and you will love it as a waterless or as detail spray, on both coated and non coated vehicles.  

CS3 you can use a lot and often.  Boost-less is more, and you want to use it around every other month, but I certainly recommend it, and if you can grab it now during the BOGO sale, even better.

After you've prepped like @Rich said, I recommend you use the Microfiber Applicator pads for the CSC. Spray several sprays directly into the pad at close range, trying to avoid overspray, to prime it, and apply in a crosshatch pattern. Respray into the pad, as needed, to keep an even layer. Use Ceramic Boost once a month, and CS3 about as often as you'd like or would have with DS.

15 hours ago, Nickfire20 said:

Yes so you have the most recent Spray Coating,  he is using an older version in the video.  

Boost is still available and contains more SIO2, then the CS3.  CS3 is great and you will love it as a waterless or as detail spray, on both coated and non coated vehicles.  

CS3 you can use a lot and often.  Boost-less is more, and you want to use it around every other month, but I certainly recommend it, and if you can grab it now during the BOGO sale, even better.

So you say coated and non coated, so I can just apply this overtop of my current application I stated above I've done to the suburban, no prepping??? The burb is my test ginnypig🤪

2 hours ago, bosco1 said:

So you say coated and non coated, so I can just apply this overtop of my current application I stated above I've done to the suburban, no prepping??? The burb is my test ginnypig🤪

For the CS3, yea, if you like playing around and trying different combos, like i do, give it a shot!

Or just try it on a few panels or just the tailgate or hood, something like that.

You can certainly do the same for the Spray coating , but it may not last long at all, that stuff needs bare paint for the best bond!

2 hours ago, Nickfire20 said:

For the CS3, yea, if you like playing around and trying different combos, like i do, give it a shot!

Or just try it on a few panels or just the tailgate or hood, something like that.

You can certainly do the same for the Spray coating , but it may not last long at all, that stuff needs bare paint for the best bond!

Thanks everyone for their input, Just gave them both a quick try, seem to work as video shows. Ole burb not bad for a 2000 model 214k mile used and abused. If its snowing, raining and crappy outside she is usually on the road. Take the 22" off her for winter....

burb6.jpg

burb1.jpg

burb3 (2).jpg

burb7.jpg

On 2/23/2020 at 1:54 PM, bosco1 said:

Proper prep is everything with a coating. While I know you applied it already as a test, for it to work best and last as intended, it needs bare paint. Strip it, Iron Remover, clay, paint correction, and Surface Prep are all highly recommended if not absolutely necessary steps. Having it over top of anything like Paint Sealant, etc, while it will still look good,, will not give you lasting results and defeats the purpose of a coating. Hope that helps.

4 hours ago, falcaineer said:

Proper prep is everything with a coating. While I know you applied it already as a test, for it to work best and last as intended, it needs bare paint. Strip it, Iron Remover, clay, paint correction, and Surface Prep are all highly recommended if not absolutely necessary steps. Having it over top of anything like Paint Sealant, etc, while it will still look good,, will not give you lasting results and defeats the purpose of a coating. Hope that helps.

Yes thank you brother..

4 hours ago, falcaineer said:

Ok I just did the wife's 2016 Escalade ESV,she's only driven it maybe 3 times since. Washed, Clayed, Machined - Paint Sealant, Machined - Brilliant Glaze, Hand applied Buttery Wax.

Purchase some Surface Prep, Can I wash her down again, Apply Surface Prep, Then CS3- Ceramic Detail Spray???????????

10 hours ago, bosco1 said:

Ok I just did the wife's 2016 Escalade ESV,she's only driven it maybe 3 times since. Washed, Clayed, Machined - Paint Sealant, Machined - Brilliant Glaze, Hand applied Buttery Wax.

Purchase some Surface Prep, Can I wash her down again, Apply Surface Prep, Then CS3- Ceramic Detail Spray???????????

You sure can..but give yourself a break! Let the Cadi be for  a few weeks!! 
Then strip wash...i would think you would want CSC before the CS3. 

12 hours ago, bosco1 said:

Surface Prep will degrade if not remove your Paint Sealant, Glaze and Buttery Wax. So unless you just want CS3 as your protection layer, I wouldn't recommend it.

1 hour ago, tlbullet said:

You sure can..but give yourself a break! Let the Cadi be for  a few weeks!! 
Then strip wash...i would think you would want CSC before the CS3. 

While yes, he "can," I don't know that he really wants to? I may be missing something, though...

But yes, CSC before CS3. The former is a coating and needs bare paint. The latter is a maintenance product, very much like Ceramic Waterless, and would interfere with the CSC's ability to bond to the paint.