Customer Service 866.965.0400

Layering Ceramic Spray Coating

TR6speed

Question

I have read that the Ceramic Spray coating can be layered but no more then 3 layers.  My question is, do the layers need to be applied with in a certain amount of time, such as within a few hours of each other, or can it be a few weeks apart?

5 answers to this question

Follow up question. How much additional protection does layering CS add? Have people noticed a difference in durability or maybe more gloss?

I have also read of people using Boost the day of or after applying CS. Same question applies - is it meaningfully beneficial or more peace of mind?

Having just used CS for the first time this weekend (pics to come later) I found myself wondering these things.

Layers can be applied anytime from an hour or so after the previous one. If you wait anymore than the same day, be sure the surface is completely clean.

1 hour ago, cdnrod said:

Follow up question. How much additional protection does layering CS add? Have people noticed a difference in durability or maybe more gloss?

I have also read of people using Boost the day of or after applying CS. Same question applies - is it meaningfully beneficial or more peace of mind?

Having just used CS for the first time this weekend (pics to come later) I found myself wondering these things.

You can add another layer, up to three total at most. But adding 2-3 layers doesn't mean 2-3x the protection. The law of diminishing returns applies, and you'll only see a fraction of each additional layer, thus the reason for limiting the number you should apply. 

Adding Ceramic Boost about once a month/every 3-4 washes will rejuvenate the hydrophobic properties, extend your longevity and add increased shine. It's definitely recommended.