Customer Service 866.965.0400

Detailing titanium brushed wheels—

Josh03

Question

What’s up guys? I’m getting set to do a full blown detail on my truck, and have a few spots on my wheels that look like a speck of tar, or something similar. Wanted to know what you guys would do and what to use to clean them and then finish them off with? They are the Asanti Offroad titanium brushed finish, so wasn’t sure what the best route to go is! Afraid a clay bar would mar them up. This is right after mount and balance. Thanks!

image.thumb.jpeg.f3c588ecc1a93d250da5828b1554f3a0.jpegimage.thumb.jpeg.6c37d8ee93846e9314e3cdb94e5fa316.jpegimage.thumb.jpeg.385135203ffa7edcd4ae09229454a0b4.jpeg

4 answers to this question

30 minutes ago, BRZN said:

Are you sure if these wheels are uncoated/no clear, just raw?

I spoke to the dealer that I got them from and he said he's sure they have a cleared finish, as nothing really comes raw anymore.  Going to have him check on it a bit more though

If the wheels are in fact cleared, you can treat them just like the paint on the vehicle. Claying them will not marr them using Detail Spray as your clay lube. If the clay doesn't remove the tar use a stronger solvent. Kerosene works well.

To expand on what @BRZN said, if they’re clear coated you can also use tar remover on them. We have some pretty strong stuff that if you let it dwell a bit works wonders on tar. There are products available out there for the purpose. 

Otherwise, treat them like paint. Uncoated wheels are rare because they’re a lot of effort to keep looking nice. And when they look bad...they’re really bad.