Customer Service 866.965.0400

Days 4-7 in Quarantine-Productive!

BRZN

Winter Mods, well service and repairs done, I now needed to get my 2006 Pontiac GTO ready for the upcoming show season. Stuck at home, with nothing but time was my opportunity.

I began Friday morning with a Rinseless Wash. 2oz of Rinseless Wash in the bucket with 2 gallons of water and nine Plush Waffle Microfiber Towels. I liberally spray one panel at a time with a mixture of 1oz Rinseless Wash and 15oz Reverse Osmosis filtered water, then wipe clean with one of the Plush Waffle Microfibers soaking in the bucket. To dry, I use the Mini Plush Drying Towels.

e5ezSxE.jpg

This Garage Queen isn't driven much, no inclement weather, and lately only to shows and cruise ins. It is parked outside while I work on clients cars in the garage, and the paint and clear wrap material was feeling a bit rough with the baggie test.

Next step Clay

1PZ18kF.jpg

The rough feel to the paint and clear bra material wasn't bad, the Fine Grade Clay quickly took care of whatever was on the car's surface.

Before I began to run any machines over the paint, I taped off all the trim that might get touched.

Fu6GQQ7.jpg

There was minimal marring to the paint, very few RIDS,  just slight straight line marks from the car being wiped down since its last polishing. Anymore I'll usually just polish sections that need it, not doing the entire car all at once, as the entire thing rarely needs it. This time I decided to hit all the paint using the Adam's SK Pro 15mm  Machine, a 5.5" White Foam Pad and the new Polish. Where sections got tight, or to cut in panels I used the SK 12mm Mini, or my Rupes Nano with the same pad material and polish combo. Friday ended with just the two doors and the Side Skirts remaining to need polishing. I took care of those areas first thing Saturday morning.

cmdrgPb.jpg

I believe the Brazen Orange Metallic GM paint came out looking fantastic!

Fh8ZuSY.jpg

4ZZr9zQ.jpg

On to protection

I had InShane Designs of Lemoyne, PA wrap the entire front clip last June. He also took care of a few other high impact areas; leading edges of the mirrors, and Side Skirts over the Rocker Panels, all four fender lips, and low behind the rear wheels. November of 2018 I had some paint and body work done by Andy Arter, owner of Kesse's Body Shop in Hanover, PA. He took care to the Hood, Side Skirts, and Rear Spoiler.

All the Clear Wrap material and re-sprayed areas were wiped down with Surface Prep to remove any remaining Detail Spray from claying, or polish residue.

These sections were Ceramic Coated with the 9H Ceramic Paint Coating including the UV Tracer.

The tail lights and door handles had been painted years ago, they were Ceramic Coated too.

URFSd6n.jpg

I love how the UV Flashlight helps me find any thin sections, or spots I may have missed, allowing  complete coverage! 

7ADQ29a.jpg

KL4Q4Nh.jpg

And yes, there were some thinner than I'd like sections and a few spots I'd missed. A second coat was laid down there. Saturday ended...

Sunday morning...

All the unwrapped areas of the car still wearing its original paint were protected with a layer of Brilliant Glaze topped with two coats of Patriot Paste Wax.

GburQSU.jpg

I waited roughly 20 hours between coats of Patriot. Second coat applied Monday morning.

I pulled the car out into the sun to look her over Sunday late morning. Hmm... High spots on the Clear Wrap material everywhere I'd laid the second coat. There were probably three to four hours between those two coats, and in the garage light everything looked just right.

I laid down a coat of Brilliant Glaze to the entire hood and a few other high spots, let it haze over and wiped it off, no more high spots, nice. This was done 24 hours after I'd completed the Ceramic Coating. I'd often wondered if the Brilliant Glaze, used to level the Ceramic Coating, was actually removing the coating. I looked over the car again with the UV Flashlight, and the UV Tracer was still everywhere I'd applied the Brilliant Glaze.

Here's the results Sunday afternoon after the first coat of Patriot, enjoy:

r365A5r.jpg

lcAfoKM.jpg

KTjT5IL.jpg

2VWrNhr.jpg

cd92yYT.jpg

MWJR808.jpg

UilU6kp.jpg

J6vAQe1.jpg

pUd1KfU.jpg

Oh, in case you were curious, I'd hand polished the wheels last fall, off the car, with Metal Polish #2 and coated them with the Ceramic Spray Coating. Before I pulled the car out to take the above pictures I wiped them down with CS3.

Edited by BRZN

Your GTO looks great!! I almost bought a LS2 GTO with low miles a few years ago but passed since I was out of garage space. Now I wish I would have pulled the trigger!!

It's raining in our area also so all I'm able to do is do a CS3 wipe-down in the garage after I've driven back and forth to the grocery store. 

14 hours ago, Rich said:

All it's doing here is raining.  Can't work on anything.  That's a beauty Dave.  Great job!

Thanks Rich. Most all the work was done inside the garage with the door shut and the heaters on. It was raining all day Monday, the day I applied the second coat of Patriot. I've got my small two car garage set up to hold just one car with plenty of room to get around a small to mid sized vehicle. I can work on cars inside all winter, and in all types of weather.

• 3 weeks later...
On 3/23/2020 at 7:12 AM, BRZN said:

Winter Mods, well service and repairs done, I now needed to get my 2006 Pontiac GTO ready for the upcoming show season. Stuck at home, with nothing but time was my opportunity.

I began Friday morning with a Rinseless Wash. 2oz of Rinseless Wash in the bucket with 2 gallons of water and nine Plush Waffle Microfiber Towels. I liberally spray one panel at a time with a mixture of 1oz Rinseless Wash and 15oz Reverse Osmosis filtered water, then wipe clean with one of the Plush Waffle Microfibers soaking in the bucket. To dry, I use the Mini Plush Drying Towels.

e5ezSxE.jpg

This Garage Queen isn't driven much, no inclement weather, and lately only to shows and cruise ins. It is parked outside while I work on clients cars in the garage, and the paint and clear wrap material was feeling a bit rough with the baggie test.

Next step Clay

1PZ18kF.jpg

The rough feel to the paint and clear bra material wasn't bad, the Fine Grade Clay quickly took care of whatever was on the car's surface.

Before I began to run any machines over the paint, I taped off all the trim that might get touched.

Fu6GQQ7.jpg

There was minimal marring to the paint, very few RIDS,  just slight straight line marks from the car being wiped down since its last polishing. Anymore I'll usually just polish sections that need it, not doing the entire car all at once, as the entire thing rarely needs it. This time I decided to hit all the paint using the Adam's SK Pro 15mm  Machine, a 5.5" White Foam Pad and the new Polish. Where sections got tight, or to cut in panels I used the SK 12mm Mini, or my Rupes Nano with the same pad material and polish combo. Friday ended with just the two doors and the Side Skirts remaining to need polishing. I took care of those areas first thing Saturday morning.

cmdrgPb.jpg

I believe the Brazen Orange Metallic GM paint came out looking fantastic!

Fh8ZuSY.jpg

4ZZr9zQ.jpg

On to protection

I had InShane Designs of Lemoyne, PA wrap the entire front clip last June. He also took care of a few other high impact areas; leading edges of the mirrors, and Side Skirts over the Rocker Panels, all four fender lips, and low behind the rear wheels. November of 2018 I had some paint and body work done by Andy Arter, owner of Kesse's Body Shop in Hanover, PA. He took care to the Hood, Side Skirts, and Rear Spoiler.

All the Clear Wrap material and re-sprayed areas were wiped down with Surface Prep to remove any remaining Detail Spray from claying, or polish residue.

These sections were Ceramic Coated with the 9H Ceramic Paint Coating including the UV Tracer.

The tail lights and door handles had been painted years ago, they were Ceramic Coated too.

URFSd6n.jpg

I love how the UV Flashlight helps me find any thin sections, or spots I may have missed, allowing  complete coverage! 

7ADQ29a.jpg

KL4Q4Nh.jpg

And yes, there were some thinner than I'd like sections and a few spots I'd missed. A second coat was laid down there. Saturday ended...

Sunday morning...

All the unwrapped areas of the car still wearing its original paint were protected with a layer of Brilliant Glaze topped with two coats of Patriot Paste Wax.

GburQSU.jpg

I waited roughly 20 hours between coats of Patriot. Second coat applied Monday morning.

I pulled the car out into the sun to look her over Sunday late morning. Hmm... High spots on the Clear Wrap material everywhere I'd laid the second coat. There were probably three to four hours between those two coats, and in the garage light everything looked just right.

I laid down a coat of Brilliant Glaze to the entire hood and a few other high spots, let it haze over and wiped it off, no more high spots, nice. This was done 24 hours after I'd completed the Ceramic Coating. I'd often wondered if the Brilliant Glaze, used to level the Ceramic Coating, was actually removing the coating. I looked over the car again with the UV Flashlight, and the UV Tracer was still everywhere I'd applied the Brilliant Glaze.

Here's the results Sunday afternoon after the first coat of Patriot, enjoy:

r365A5r.jpg

lcAfoKM.jpg

KTjT5IL.jpg

2VWrNhr.jpg

cd92yYT.jpg

MWJR808.jpg

UilU6kp.jpg

J6vAQe1.jpg

pUd1KfU.jpg

Oh, in case you were curious, I'd hand polished the wheels last fall, off the car, with Metal Polish #2 and coated them with the Ceramic Spray Coating. Before I pulled the car out to take the above pictures I wiped them down with CS3.

Incredible work brother....

• 4 weeks later...

My second favorite new-gen GTO, and I almost like it more than my own! Yours is definitely cleaner than mine though - I don't go as thorough on the undercarriage or engine bay as you do 🙂

Thank you for the share as always Dave. Not sure how I missed this thread, but your humble apprentice bows down to you, Master Jedi :bow: