Customer Service 866.965.0400

Do new cars come with sealant from factory?

Calimattrs

Question

I bought a new Toyota 4Runner and I’m wondering if Toyota or the dealer apply any paint sealant. Is that a normal procedure at the factory or at the lot? I did not pay for any extra paint protection package. The car was detailed for the showroom, but I’m guessing that is just a wash and possibly a wax.

I have Paint Sealant and the Ceramic Spray Coating, I’ll have to choose one to apply if the paint is unprotected.

6 answers to this question

Maybe, but most likely if you did not pay for it the dealer did not apply it.  I like the non-coating products - Paint Sealant and H20 G&G for my cars.  Others prefer spray coatings.  No wrong answer, just don't mix them.

56 minutes ago, Calimattrs said:

I bought a new Toyota 4Runner and I’m wondering if Toyota or the dealer apply any paint sealant. Is that a normal procedure at the factory or at the lot? I did not pay for any extra paint protection package. The car was detailed for the showroom, but I’m guessing that is just a wash and possibly a wax.

I have Paint Sealant and the Ceramic Spray Coating, I’ll have to choose one to apply if the paint is unprotected.

I doubt if they do apply any protection, I would do a Surface Prep wipe down and apply your CS. That would be better than anything that Toyota would have done.

1 hour ago, mc2hill said:

Maybe, but most likely if you did not pay for it the dealer did not apply it.  I like the non-coating products - Paint Sealant and H20 G&G for my cars.  Others prefer spray coatings.  No wrong answer, just don't mix them.

Thank you for the response. I used Paint Sealant and H2G&G on my wife’s car and really liked the result. The CSC came in the mystery bucket yesterday, first world problems.

30 minutes ago, Chris@Adams said:

I doubt if they do apply any protection, I would do a Surface Prep wipe down and apply your CS. That would be better than anything that Toyota would have done.

Thanks for the reply, I’ll look into surface prep.