Customer Service 866.965.0400

20th Anni Detail Spray

Who all has used the 20th Anniversary Detail Spray and what are your thoughts? Is there another thread on it I may have missed? I only saw the intro thread but nobody really talked much about it from a review perspective.

i used it for the first time and I’ll say I liked the shine and how it functioned as a drying aid. However I noticed it took quite a bit of passes during a final wipe down using it on a dry surface. It also wasn’t near as slick feeling as the OG Detail Spray. Seemed to grab a bit in the plush towel. Scent was good but there again I think the standard Detail Spray is far and away better and really iconic and associated with Adams. Hope they aren’t going away from that color and scent. This spray probably packs more protection and shine. 

if it’s me, I probably use this boosted version as the drying aid and the pink DS for the final wipe down.

14 hours ago, Junior said:

Who all has used the 20th Anniversary Detail Spray and what are your thoughts? Is there another thread on it I may have missed? I only saw the intro thread but nobody really talked much about it from a review perspective.

i used it for the first time and I’ll say I liked the shine and how it functioned as a drying aid. However I noticed it took quite a bit of passes during a final wipe down using it on a dry surface. It also wasn’t near as slick feeling as the OG Detail Spray. Seemed to grab a bit in the plush towel. Scent was good but there again I think the standard Detail Spray is far and away better and really iconic and associated with Adams. Hope they aren’t going away from that color and scent. This spray probably packs more protection and shine. 

if it’s me, I probably use this boosted version as the drying aid and the pink DS for the final wipe down.

I have this and a couple other limiteds they have put out with the new formula.  My thoughts pretty much mirror yours, except for, as a drying aid it just married up with the water and smeared all around.  It was like mercury droplets on my paint, literally wouldn’t go away.  So I really hope they stick with the current pink formula.

Used it this afternoon, was tempting whether to go for Spray Wax or the 20th Anniversary DS, was not disappointed when i chose to use the Detail spray after blow drying the vehicle. was a bit cloudy outside, but it had a brilliant shine. 

LOL at first use i saw black dots and had to rethink if i had got the correct bottle.

The first time I used the new updated detail spray formula was the 20 yr anniversary . My son and I used it as a drying aid. Both of us thought it had a tendency to "push around"

alot more than the original formula. Outside temps were in the low 50's. Also, stained our white drying towels permanently. I ordered the new Frost detail spray because it was the new formula and  white or light colored (yea). Used it yesterday back to back as a drying aid and on a dry car, right next to   the original detail spray. The new formula is definitely harder to wipe off ,much more streaking to get a clean finish. (new Frost color does not stain towels though). Both my son and I think the original formula still will be our go to detail spray at this point.

Sometimes the old standby is the best!

Just used it again as a drying aid and I gotta say it worked great and left an incredible shine. I am using an extremely plush large drying towel so that might be making a difference. 

• 2 weeks later...

Do you use the normal Detail Spray? As others have noted, this one can be a little more finicky when using as a drying aid. I noticed it was a little grabby when using as a final wipe down. And I hadn’t previously encountered the pushing around effect, but I had that happen to me this past weekend. Where it seems to not want to absorb into the towel as easily. Not to scare you, but it might be worth doing a small test section to see how it works for you. You can tell it has some form of protection as thick as it is when you spray it. It may or may not interact well. Hard to say for sure.

33 minutes ago, wqa_peanut said:

Thanks, I do use the regular detail spray. Reading these posts had me wondering

Sure thing. I know the general rule of thumb is to go with a silica based spray for wipe downs on ceramic coated cars. But I’ve always used the standard detail spray on my previous cars which were coated and had no issue. This version is just a tad bit different in how it behaves. I don’t think it’s quite as effortless as we are used to with the Pink DS. Problem is my current vehicles aren’t coated yet. So I cannot give you info based on experience. I have enjoyed using the 20th Anniversary edition as a drying aid on a non coated car just due to the shine. Every car is different so YMMV. I don’t think it’s going to hurt anything to try it out. Be mindful it is black if you got the version in the Gold or Silver bottle. I used dark towels so they wouldn’t show any stains like a white towel would.

Edited by Junior