Customer Service 866.965.0400

Removing CSC to apply 9h coating

freshlex287

Question

Hey what’s up guys I’m looking to remove my CSC and upgrade to the 9h coating. Will a simple strip wash do the job to remove it or do I have to wheel it out with a DA? Also has anyone else upgraded their ceramic to the 9h from CSC ? If so was it worth it? Did you notice any major differences? Should I not even bother? Lmk what you guys think! Thanks!

9 answers to this question

It'll take some Polish or Compound to remove it. You'll notice the traditional coating is more tedious to apply - not bad, but a bit more involved. You'll add longevity (years). Shine will be about the same, no noticeable difference. Same durability for both. Maintenance is also the same.

Post some pics when you're done!

On 3/26/2020 at 7:54 PM, falcaineer said:

It'll take some Polish or Compound to remove it. You'll notice the traditional coating is more tedious to apply - not bad, but a bit more involved. You'll add longevity (years). Shine will be about the same, no noticeable difference. Same durability for both. Maintenance is also the same.

Post some pics when you're done!

sorry for late reply...was having trouble logging in and then i had a new baby! lol so from what im gathering from your post is that the only real difference is longevity....im prolly better off just sticking with CSC then...when should i apply another coat of CSC? ive been maintaining it with wash and coat, ceramic boost and it has a layer of ceramic paste wax on top of it lol still beading like woahhh! guess i should just wait til i notice the beading decreasing? thanks for advice!

42 minutes ago, freshlex287 said:

sorry for late reply...was having trouble logging in and then i had a new baby! lol so from what im gathering from your post is that the only real difference is longevity....im prolly better off just sticking with CSC then...when should i apply another coat of CSC? ive been maintaining it with wash and coat, ceramic boost and it has a layer of ceramic paste wax on top of it lol still beading like woahhh! guess i should just wait til i notice the beading decreasing? thanks for advice!

Congrats on the baby!  I can only assume

time is precious...if I were you i would

just wait a few months for the CSC to wear down then apply the CC.  The last thing you need is your child’s mom yelling at you for detailing your car for a full day!!  

I've had my CSC on for a year now and it's still working well. I'm just waiting for it to warm up and stay warm for a few day and then I'm going to redo it.  Congrats on the new baby. Boy? Girl? Name?  Pics??   :cheers:

I’m in the same boat. I bout a new bottle of ceramic just cause I’m ready for my next project. My car has a layer of ceramic from eeaaaarrrlllyyyy ‘18 and a layer of ceramic spray at least a year ago. Car doesn’t need any correction. But I’m gonna run over mine once with a white pad And Finishing Polish one slow time. What ever gets leveled down gets leveled down. Calling it good and doing a new layer with the new coating. May even do two.   My point — don’t over think or over stress it.  

11 hours ago, Rich said:

I've had my CSC on for a year now and it's still working well. I'm just waiting for it to warm up and stay warm for a few day and then I'm going to redo it.  Congrats on the new baby. Boy? Girl? Name?  Pics??   :cheers:

thank you! had our 2nd girl. we named her Kaylin. now its time to brainwash her into becoming a detailing fanatic! my 3 yr old already knows we dont make a mess in daddys car! lol the best is when she tries to guess the air freshener scents!😆