Customer Service 866.965.0400

Ceramic Paste Wax

JKMike

Question

Hi Guys,

Looking for some help that I wasn’t able to find through the search.

I have a ‘17 mustang which I’ll need to do some minor correction/polish on this summer. Typically I would polish, LPS, BG, then Patriot wax on top. I received the ceramic paste wax on my last mystery box. The car isn’t ceramic coated, but could I use the ceramic paste in place of the patriot (with LPS & BG below?)

Thanks in advance

8 answers to this question

5 hours ago, Rich said:

Before I used the Ceramic Spray Coating, the Ceramic Paste Wax was what I was using. Works great!!  And it lasts forever.  You'll be real happy with it. 

12 hours ago, Chris@Adams said:

Absolutely you can use the CPW. After you polish & do your paint correction I would do a Surface Prep wipe down before waxing.

You are going to the love our CPW

https://adamspolishes.com/collections/ceramic-surface-prep

So are you both suggesting to skip the paint sealant? Is there any downside to using the paint sealant and brilliant glaze below the CPW?

Edited by JKMike

47 minutes ago, JKMike said:

So are you both suggesting to skip the paint sealant? Is there any downside to using the paint sealant and brilliant glaze below the CPW?

I used CPW on multiple of my vehicles including my 1998 Mustang and I put it directly on the paint after correction.  It lasted a good 10 months and looked great.  

Is this the one you've received?

https://adamspolishes.com/collections/ceramic-paste-wax/products/adam-s-ceramic-paste-wax

If so, this is an upgrade to the Ceramic Paste Wax we'd been selling and was released sometime around Black Friday. This is actually a Ceramic Coating in a Paste Wax form. Gently smell it, and I do mean gently! If it has a very strong odor it's the new version. I'd used the previous version and it lasts incredibly long, this new one, with proper maintenance, will last even longer. Longevity will depend on all sorts of factors; garaged? Maintained properly? Washed regularly? Your geographic location? etc...As stated above, wipe the paint down with Surface Prep prior to application, and there's no need for any other Brilliant Glaze, Wax, Sealant, or Guard & Gloss.

13 hours ago, JKMike said:

Correct, do not layer PS (and BG) and Ceramic Paste Wax. Layering different product families can adversely affect the hydrophobic properties of your layers, and Sealant and Ceramics are in different families. Check out this article for more info (layering is towards the end)

On 3/28/2020 at 3:26 AM, BRZN said:

Is this the one you've received?

https://adamspolishes.com/collections/ceramic-paste-wax/products/adam-s-ceramic-paste-wax

If so, this is an upgrade to the Ceramic Paste Wax we'd been selling and was released sometime around Black Friday. This is actually a Ceramic Coating in a Paste Wax form. Gently smell it, and I do mean gently! If it has a very strong odor it's the new version. I'd used the previous version and it lasts incredibly long, this new one, with proper maintenance, will last even longer. Longevity will depend on all sorts of factors; garaged? Maintained properly? Washed regularly? Your geographic location? etc...As stated above, wipe the paint down with Surface Prep prior to application, and there's no need for any other Brilliant Glaze, Wax, Sealant, or Guard & Gloss.

Thanks for the reply. I have the old formula paste wax.

I’ll pick up some prep. I dont have ceramic coating on the car, just looking to use this new wax