Customer Service 866.965.0400

Black car detailing

Crisco

Question

What products from Adam's work the best for giving black cars an extra bump? I know there are no black 'specific' products in the line up but I am wondering if there are products I should look into more vs others for this particular paint color. 

Side Question: Where can I find the ingredients in Adam's products or are they secret? 

Edited by Crisco

9 answers to this question

Just depends on how you want to do the detail. Hand or machine.  I did a full Ceramic Spray Coating, starting with a wash and clay, polish, prep, and then CSC.  I keep it up with CS3 and Ceramic Boost.  Doesn't look bad at all.

62392170_10215951793246893_5042139043970678784_n.jpg

Black cars are a lifestyle. Ultimately, a solid paint correction process is what will give the most shine. The rest is enhancement and protection. Check our the article below on different options. 

As for ingredients, Adam's will supply you with a Safety Data Sheet upon request, but makeup and forumlas are proprietary.

Every time I'm punished with a Black vehicle, they are old and very large.  The Suburban has around 200,000 miles on it and the Dually is a northern vehicle.  Neither of them are coated, just cleaned up to be made presentable.   All I can say about black is to take your time, don't get overly aggressive and know when to say it looks good enough.

Suburban After Cleanup.jpeg

IMG_0618.JPG

20 hours ago, falcaineer said:

Black cars are a lifestyle. Ultimately, a solid paint correction process is what will give the most shine. The rest is enhancement and protection. 

Truer words were never spoken. I've maintained my 2013 GT500 with Adam's products since I drove it off the showroom floor in 2012. It was ceramic coated in 2018.  

20190818_100326.jpg

On 3/30/2020 at 9:15 PM, Crisco said:

What products from Adam's work the best for giving black cars an extra bump? I know there are no black 'specific' products in the line up but I am wondering if there are products I should look into more vs others for this particular paint color. 

Side Question: Where can I find the ingredients in Adam's products or are they secret? 

The 'secret' to making black (or any other dark color) look its best is to have the paint as swirl free as possible.  That requires work, not 'magic Black products'.  For the best look, you will probably need to machine polish the car, then apply the protection of your choice. 

The others mentioned the Ceramic products, which give the best protection.  But if you like spending time detailing the car, try Paint Sealant, topped with Brilliant Glaze, and put some Americana or Patriot wax over that.  

And learn how to do a swirl-free Rinseless Wash to clean it in a short amount of time.

Edited by mc2hill