Customer Service 866.965.0400

Deep wheel cleaner iron removal

BoomerSooner

Question

Good morning,

I still have plenty of deep wheel cleaner that’s been stored in a temperature controlled environment. Is it still recommended to use a 1:1 ration for iron decontamination?  New 2020 Ram 1500 in silver that I need to get looking right. 

6 answers to this question

Hi Chris, yes I would recommend to dilute Deep Wheel Cleaner at least 1:1 for iron decontamination. Do not use it in direct sunlight, only decontaminate one panel at a time, and do not let the cleaner dry onto any surface - rinse very thoroughly! 

10 minutes ago, Dan@Adams said:

Hi Chris, yes I would recommend to dilute Deep Wheel Cleaner at least 1:1 for iron decontamination. Do not use it in direct sunlight, only decontaminate one panel at a time, and do not let the cleaner dry onto any surface - rinse very thoroughly! 

Thanks @Dan@Adams. I’ll make sure to do it one panel at a time and then rinse with the pressure washer. Is Iron Remover more forgiving?

1 minute ago, BoomerSooner said:

Thanks @Dan@Adams. I’ll make sure to do it one panel at a time and then rinse with the pressure washer. Is Iron Remover more forgiving?

Iron Remover is a more thin formula that spreads more evenly and works very effectively, but both chemicals are very strong, so you do need to exercise caution when using either 👍

1 hour ago, falcaineer said:

I'll also add Iron Remover smells WAAAAAAAAAAYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY better than the original Deep Wheel Cleaner. That pink stuff is 🤢🤢🤢😷😷😷

Yeah it smells terrible, but I still have half a gallon 🤷🏻‍♂️.