Customer Service 866.965.0400

Prep Question

SS LeadFoot

Question

Getting ready to use the Swirl Killer for the first time. Had it for a while now time to put it to use. I have the 2 step polishs. I just washed my car last weekend and I don't want to re wash it after claying. If I use waterless wash as a lubricant will I need to re was the car? 

13 answers to this question

6 minutes ago, SS LeadFoot said:

I don''t have DS can I use waterless wash? The car is clean already. 

DS makes the best lube, not sure if WW would be slick enough not to scratch.

If I didn’t have DS I think I would use Car Shampoo as a lube, however the soap & water isn’t good for your clay.

I have to agree with Chris about this one. I tried the WW as a lube one time, and it just didn't work. The clay didn't want to glide and pull up the dirt. It just acted sluggish. Get some detail spray and use that. 

On 4/7/2020 at 5:57 PM, SS LeadFoot said:

I don''t have DS can I use waterless wash? The car is clean already. 

I can't imagine ever running out of detail spray.  In normal times, I'd say to run by your local Chevy dealer and grab a bottle, mine always has it in stock.

Thanks Rich. Yeah the numbers in my area are high. I have family in Delaware and they were telling me their numbers. We have more in our county than their state! I am also someone that is considered high risk so I really don't want to leave to go get some. I have another company's detail spray I think I will use that.

Stay safe everyone. 

5 hours ago, SS LeadFoot said:

Thanks Rich. Yeah the numbers in my area are high. I have family in Delaware and they were telling me their numbers. We have more in our county than their state! I am also someone that is considered high risk so I really don't want to leave to go get some. I have another company's detail spray I think I will use that.

Stay safe everyone. 

My daughter and grandkids are in Carroll County.  Not much better there.  Makes me feel helpless. 

One of these days this will be behind us. Not soon enough for too many. 

Well I used the detail spray method. I am used to using soap and water then rewashing the car. The detail spray works amazing! I had some bottles of an older company I used to use so I finished up with them. It took about 1.25 bottles. It is amazing to feel the difference. I think next time I will mix the DS with water. This pic was before the clay. Thanks for all the advice. Stay safe everyone!

Clay.jpg