Customer Service 866.965.0400

Spring Detail of the Wife's Daily

BRZN

With quite a bit of time on my hands right now I took care of my wife's Daily, a 2012 1LT Camaro in Ashen Gray Metallic. The Tire/Wheel swap is usually done after April 15, and the detail over Memorial Day weekend, but, well, I'm bored and now a bit ahead.

Broke out the Quick Jack, and removed the winter tire/wheel set up

Dt4y91l.jpg

I used my MTM Undercarriage Cleaning Tool, connected to my Pressure Washer to blast all the winter from under the car. Now, with the wheels off, it gave me a great opportunity to clean the inner fender wells and suspension. I lowered the car a couple years ago with a set of Pfadt Lowering Springs and it's now hard to get in the wheel wells with a brush with the Tires/Wheels on. Tire & Rubber Cleaner in a Foaming IK Sprayer, a couple different brushes and they came out about as good as new.

VGvdkE3.jpg

I dried everything with my Master Blaster Revolution, prepped with Surface Prep and applied a nice coat of Ceramic Spray Coating to help keep things clean.

cxHkGBj.jpg

Cleaned the engine bay; All Purpose Cleaner, the Pressure Washer, and the Master Blaster

3xYAQ3L.jpg

5A26SCG.jpg

Summer Tire/Wheel set up back on

V4yvI4u.jpg

Winter Tire/Wheels scrubbed clean, Tire Armor on the Rubber and Ceramic Spray Coating over top the previously applied Ceramic Wheel Coating. 24 hours later Ceramic Boost on the wheels, and they're now stacked in the basement until next winter.

xtE4uyn.jpg

GLgXlvE.jpg

The Weather Tech floor mats were scrubbed with Tire & Rubber Cleaner, allowed to dry, then prepped and hit with Ceramic Spray Coating and Ceramic Boost to come back looking like new.

On to the car...

Summer Tire/Wheel set up on and dropped her off the Quick Jack

Mega Foam, Foam Cannon and my Pressure Washer

QypBQQu.jpg

A nice two bucket wash with Car Shampoo using the Gray Microfiber Wash Mitt

Blow Dry with my Master Blaster, followed with a wipe down with Waterless Wash.

Did a baggie test, she needed Clayed. I had a small spot of rust in the left rear wheel arch taken care of in January, and evidently there was over-spray on the paint. The car has Adam's 9H Ceramic Paint Coating with the UV Tracer on it, but the fine paint dust still had stuck. Fine Grade Clay quickly took care of what was on the paint. A Rinseless Wash mixed as Waterless Wash removed the Detail Spray residue from claying.

HSffrph.jpg

I polished the left rear quarter panel, A Pillar, and C Pillar where the paint work had been done. I also had to re-polish the trunk lid. It appeared the body guy had sat something on the trunk that left some light scratches. There was also a light scuff on the right rear wheel arch that needed removed.

Tools:

SK 15mm Pro and SK Mini

Microfiber Pads

Blue Foam Pads

White Foam Pads

Compound

Polish

PS9hn9Q.jpg

LSP, I'm trying something different, a bit of various product comparisons.

Left Rear Quarter Panel, A Pillar, C Pillar, Trunk Lid, Rear Spoiler, Side Mirrors, spot on the Right Rear Wheel Arch I repaired, and the Flat Horizontal  piece of the front bumper below the headlights got the new Ceramic Coating Wax.

The Roof, Right Side A Pillar, C Pillar and Flat surface of the Right Rear Quarter Panel got the Liquid Ceramic Wax.

The Hood, Tops of the Front Fenders, and Top of the Front Bumper got the original Version 1 of the Ceramic Paste Wax.

All the rest of the vehicle was left alone, with just the Ceramic Paint Coating applied last Fall.

The car was wiped down with CS3 after I pulled it out of the garage, and the wheels wiped down with Matte Detailer. The Tires have a few coats of Tire Armor on them I'd applied last Fall after I pulled them for winter storage.

kvGmvxC.jpg

92b4sJj.jpg

LA7mKrh.jpg

The Stainless Steel exhaust Tips were taken care of with Metal Polish #2

fSBPdEU.jpg

cW1pqfC.jpg

hzgKoIn.jpg

SZgIx9e.jpg

12XL9Ok.jpg

The Interior was completely Detailed too. I wiped all hard surfaces down with the Eucalyptus Mint Interior Detailer with Microban. The Clean Cotton Odor Neutralizer was sprayed through the HVAC system and the New Fabric Protector was applied to the cloth seats.

2mrTXGT.jpg

gYq1p5S.jpg

Edited by BRZN

3 hours ago, RayS said:

Hi Dave, good job on the car and thanks for the details.  One question, what is that stand that you have the chrome wheel/tire sitting on?  It looks like the tire can spin, which would let us older folks sit on our stool and work the tire and rim.

Same question. I like it. I’ve seen bigger stands that hold all four wheels but would take up too much space. That one I’d buy in an instant. 

12 hours ago, RayS said:

Hi Dave, good job on the car and thanks for the details.  One question, what is that stand that you have the chrome wheel/tire sitting on?  It looks like the tire can spin, which would let us older folks sit on our stool and work the tire and rim.

8 hours ago, shane@detailedreflections said:

Same question. I like it. I’ve seen bigger stands that hold all four wheels but would take up too much space. That one I’d buy in an instant. 

Guys, Its the Cyclo Shine Pro Wheel Detailing Stand from Source Garage. It's a nice tool for doing wheels, with both the front and rear being accessible. Lifting of the tire/wheel is minimal if its used on the ground, but can also be set up on a table or bench.

A couple things to be aware of with it; the roller brake is useless, and doesn't work at all. Don't waste your time installing it, it just ends up getting in the way. Second; pay attention as the tire/wheel assembly is rotated on the stand. Even though the top is tilted back slightly, it's not enough to keep the tire/wheel from working its way off the from of the lower rollers possibly damaging the face of the wheel it it falls off.

Y8YRrei.jpg

oDnkbWj.jpg

8lMksxb.jpg

eXQ7Pv1.jpg

1 hour ago, BRZN said:

Guys, Its the Cyclo Shine Pro Wheel Detailing Stand from Source Garage. It's a nice tool for doing wheels, with both the front and rear being accessible. Lifting of the tire/wheel is minimal if its used on the ground, but can also be set up on a table or bench.

A couple things to be aware of with it; the roller brake is useless, and doesn't work at all. Don't waste your time installing it, it just ends up getting in the way. Second; pay attention as the tire/wheel assembly is rotated on the stand. Even though the top is tilted back slightly, it's not enough to keep the tire/wheel from working its way off the from of the lower rollers possibly damaging the face of the wheel it it falls off.

Y8YRrei.jpg

oDnkbWj.jpg

8lMksxb.jpg

eXQ7Pv1.jpg

Can’t wait for the Adams version to come out (hint, hint)!