Customer Service 866.965.0400

CS3 as a drying agent

Rb1274

Question

I was wondering if you can use or should use CS3 as a drying aid after a car wash like DS?  Or does the car need to be dry first. I’ve used it as a stand-alone Waterless wash and detail spray, but wonder how it fits in after a full wash?

22 answers to this question

A clarifying question. If I have a ceramic base (CSC) is it better to use DS or CS3 as a drying agent? Overall does using CS3 provide a better shine in the end as a drying agent? If so then I need to order another gallon :) 

12 minutes ago, tomsch63 said:

A clarifying question. If I have a ceramic base (CSC) is it better to use DS or CS3 as a drying agent? Overall does using CS3 provide a better shine in the end as a drying agent? If so then I need to order another gallon :) 

Hi Tom, if you have Ceramic Spray Coating on your vehicle, I would recommend CS3 for the drying agent since it's in the same product family (ceramic-based). Detail Spray won't hurt a coating, but you're adding a different type of polymer on top of a ceramic coating, so you may notice a slight degradation in performance in terms of water-repelling behavior. 

6 hours ago, Dan@Adams said:

Hi Tom, if you have Ceramic Spray Coating on your vehicle, I would recommend CS3 for the drying agent since it's in the same product family (ceramic-based). Detail Spray won't hurt a coating, but you're adding a different type of polymer on top of a ceramic coating, so you may notice a slight degradation in performance in terms of water-repelling behavior. 

How does CS3 compare to CB as a drying agent?  Is there a shine difference or is one easier to apply?

5 hours ago, UofAZCats said:

How does CS3 compare to CB as a drying agent?  Is there a shine difference or is one easier to apply?

Here's how I think of the two:

Ceramic Boost is a Sealant for a Ceramic Coating. It'll help maintain the longevity of the coating and add the hydrophobic properties back to the coating like they were when it was first applied.

CS3; Clean, Shine, Protect, Ceramic Spray (says so right on the label). As a drying aid it helps to remove any dirt that was missed during the wash, minimizing the chance of any marring. It adds back to the existing coating to maintain its longevity, also adding the hydrophobic properties back to the surface. The CS3, seems to me, to add more gloss and slickness to the paint than the Ceramic Boost does.

Ceramic Boost I use after every few washes. CS3 I'll use after every wash as a drying aid or for a nice touch up.

CS3 is my new go to over Detail Spray, Rinseless Wash/WW. Both of which I have used for years and raved about on here... But CS3 is amazing stuff

Edited by Rb1274

Gallon! always... I spray everything with CS3. Tool box, garage fridge, Grill, washing machine.....

6 hours ago, Wk2Altitude15 said:

Absolutely, CS3 is my favorite product of Adams right now, i was using the CWW as my drying aid and topper but now CS3 took over lol. However i dont use it as a drying aid as the bottle is small and cost more. My thing personally is i love going back over the dry panels with CS3 as my detailer. 

So I finally did a full wash and used CS3 as a drying aid... I sprayed it all over the car when I was done with the rinse. First of all I probably sprayed to much. Then I couldn’t get around the car fast enough and it streaked and dried on. SUCKED. I had to re rinse, Dry hard to remove streaks, then reapply CS3 dry lightly to get all of the extra residue off. It does not forgive like detail spray as a drying aid. Still love it as a detail spray and WW.

27 minutes ago, Rb1274 said:

So I finally did a full wash and used CS3 as a drying aid... I sprayed it all over the car when I was done with the rinse. First of all I probably sprayed to much. Then I couldn’t get around the car fast enough and it streaked and dried on. SUCKED. I had to re rinse, Dry hard to remove streaks, then reapply CS3 dry lightly to get all of the extra residue off. It does not forgive like detail spray as a drying aid. Still love it as a detail spray and WW.

No matter what I use as a drying aid, my technique is to start at the top and do a panel at a time.   

1. Starting with the roof, I do one side with the product, wipe it down with a Borderless Gray then go to the other side.  Once I complete the other side, I go back to the first and go over it with a single soft, then back to side two and go over it again with a single soft.

2. The hood is next, doing one side with the aid, then the other followed by the single soft on each side. 

3. Starting with a fender, I go over the fender and door, then go back over both with a single soft, I continue doing two panels at a time. For the pickup box, I do one panel at a time.

16 hours ago, Rb1274 said:

Best to work panel by panel.  I had no issues the other day when using it as a drying aid in full sun as I was cleaning up whatever water was left behind after a sheet rinse.  

You guys have really made me want to give CS3 a try.  The line between products is sooo blurred as it is.  But WW has always been my favorite product, but I had a gallon and never even got around to trying CWW yet.  

Would it be a good idea to just skip the CWW and go straight to CS3?  Or is there a time and a place for both?  I'm not all about making a solution that's looking for a problem.   

I don't use any of them as a drying aid (I have my opinions on using ANY product on a ceramic coated surface as a drying aid), so it would be to replace what I currently use WW for; detailing dirty areas, etc -- probably the same thing all you guys are doing.

Hi Jon, Your note reads as if you are using non-ceramic products on your ceramic vehicle.  I am an absolute fan of WW and use it regularly on the non-ceramic vehicles and on other items around the house, garage door, garage shelves, furniture in the screen room, etc..  Of all the products WW has my favorite scent.

For the ceramic vehicles, I stick with the ceramic based products, CWW, CS3 and Ceramic Boost.  I do use one of the products as a drying aid after a wash rotating between them.  I try to only use CB once a month and I also use Wash & Coat once a month.   The CWW and CS3 both work exceptionally well for knocking the dust off the garage queen.

After a day or two of heavy pollen, a quick rinse and the appropriate WW for the vehicle will get them clean and ready for the day.  I've tried WW on the pollen without a rinse and it just turned into a mess and I had to grab the hose anyway.  

On 4/21/2020 at 7:33 PM, RayS said:

Hi Jon, Your note reads as if you are using non-ceramic products on your ceramic vehicle.  I am an absolute fan of WW and use it regularly on the non-ceramic vehicles and on other items around the house, garage door, garage shelves, furniture in the screen room, etc..  Of all the products WW has my favorite scent.

For the ceramic vehicles, I stick with the ceramic based products, CWW, CS3 and Ceramic Boost.  I do use one of the products as a drying aid after a wash rotating between them.  I try to only use CB once a month and I also use Wash & Coat once a month.   The CWW and CS3 both work exceptionally well for knocking the dust off the garage queen.

After a day or two of heavy pollen, a quick rinse and the appropriate WW for the vehicle will get them clean and ready for the day.  I've tried WW on the pollen without a rinse and it just turned into a mess and I had to grab the hose anyway.  

Yea Ray, pollen is too much, and IMO, too abrasive to try to wipe off if it’s  too heavy. That junk just makes a mess.  

I use CB like you, but to answer, yes, I use regular WW on my ceramic. I already had it and haven’t used up my gallon yet.  It works amazing, and shouldn’t leave anything on the surface like some other products.  Thus using WW on a coated surface really shouldn’t matter much, if any at all.  It’s just not going to “add to” the maintenance of the coating, I get that. 

My main question still begs though...CS3 vs CWW....any need for both?  Room in your arsenal for both?  Why?

39 minutes ago, galaxy said:

Yea Ray, pollen is too much, and IMO, too abrasive to try to wipe off if it’s  too heavy. That junk just makes a mess.  

I use CB like you, but to answer, yes, I use regular WW on my ceramic. I already had it and haven’t used up my gallon yet.  It works amazing, and shouldn’t leave anything on the surface like some other products.  Thus using WW on a coated surface really shouldn’t matter much, if any at all.  It’s just not going to “add to” the maintenance of the coating, I get that. 

My main question still begs though...CS3 vs CWW....any need for both?  Room in your arsenal for both?  Why?

I have both , but only because i had purchased the CWW before the CS3 came out. As i said earlier i use the CWW for waterless washes and sometimes a drying aid since i have it. I use the CS3 as a ceramic detailer after ive dried my vehicle. I like to go panel by panel with roughly 2 sprays and buff off. Works incredible.

7 hours ago, galaxy said:

In my opinion, you do not need both.   In my case I had CWW before CS3 came out, so I'll continue using it.  Given the number of vehicles that I maintain and my travel kits, I'll probably keep both in my inventory according to what is on sale or has the better price point.  If I only had to choose one, it would be CS3. When it comes to the wife's garage queen, I don't even think anything about hitting it with CWW a couple of times a week.  Of course, if I'm in the mood to use CS3 on it, then that is what I grab.

If you go all the way to the bottom of the page for CS3, it pretty much states that you don't need both. 

On 4/23/2020 at 7:32 AM, galaxy said:

Agreed with @RayS, no need for both. They're essentially the same thing, with CS3 being a slight tweak on the CWW and a different scent (that I prefer). Take your pick of either one.