Jump to content
Customer Service 866.965.0400
stay_tuned

New to the serious detailing world

Recommended Posts

So the car is finally coming back *fingers crossed* this friday.

 

Wanted to ask here, how long should I wait before waxing? Since it'll have freshly painted panels.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, stay_tuned said:

So the car is finally coming back *fingers crossed* this friday.

 

Wanted to ask here, how long should I wait before waxing? Since it'll have freshly painted panels.

 

Actually best to ask the body shop that did the work. Some paint is ready right away if it was baked, some takes weeks or longer. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

As Chris said, each paint and body shop can be different.  We had to wait a month for the paint to cure on the Mustang before it could be touched.  I've have had others that I was told we could do anything with it immediately.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

fresh wash and coat of BG, right before the rain.

 

tried the Glass Sealant but it came out super streaky even after wiping it with glass cleaner any suggestions?

 

 

D7F7B757-1FB1-4CE6-BD77-C09529B11F6E.jpeg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
54 minutes ago, stay_tuned said:

fresh wash and coat of BG, right before the rain.

 

tried the Glass Sealant but it came out super streaky even after wiping it with glass cleaner any suggestions?

 

 

 

I have not had a problem with the Glass Sealant streaking except the one time I used it on a hot windshield that was in the sun - my fault.  In that case, I applied Glass Boost and it took the streaks out with a little effort.  

Edited by RayS

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I have had a little trouble with the new glass sealant on a couple cars,  however, i quick mist of glass cleaner and the green glass towels made it perfect, with almost no effort.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, RayS said:

I have not had a problem with the Glass Sealant streaking except the one time I used it on a hot windshield that was in the sun - my fault.  In that case, I applied Glass Boost and it took the streaks out with a little effort.  

thought it was cool out but maybe it was too warm still. ill have to go back and try the glass boost on top as i have some of that too from my last order

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Nickfire20 said:

I have had a little trouble with the new glass sealant on a couple cars,  however, i quick mist of glass cleaner and the green glass towels made it perfect, with almost no effort.

thats what i thought would work as well but it was difficult for me for some reason. not sure if i didnt wait long enough or waited too long to try and get the sealant off with the glass cleaner after

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@stay_tuned, I recommend you post future questions in the corresponding forum. They may get lost on here otherwise, and/or not help others since members likely don't look in this forum for questions. Just my two cents...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...