Customer Service 866.965.0400

Pine tar speckled all over my car - Help ARG

BacktoGM

Question

Hi,

Have a 2019 Camaro, had just corrected the paint and applied Buttery Wax. I either parked or was down wind from a pine tree. My car feels like it is covered in Braille. What is the best way to get that off? Clay glove, or correct the paint again. Very angry about this, thought the pollen and pine was done here in NC.

Thank for the help.

Stephen

11 answers to this question

Do you have any of our new TAR? (Tar & Adhesive Remover.)That would do the trick.

If not if you have any BG don’t shake it up, use the top solvent it will remove the pine sap.

https://adamspolishes.com/products/adams-tar

https://adamspolishes.com/collections/exterior-polishing-liquids/products/adam-s-brilliant-glaze

If what Chris stated above doesn't work, try the Fine Grade Clay Bar. Just realize, any of these options will remove the Buttery Wax you've applied. The quicker you get at it, the easier it'll be to remove.

@BacktoGM i feel for you. Absolute nightmare! Its amazing how far the pine tar travels while airborne! My neighbor planted a few pines about 30 ft from my driveway 10 yrs ago.....im trimming my side as much as legally possible.  They are only about 15 ft but soon enough im in trouble.  
 keep us posted on results. 

19 hours ago, BacktoGM said:

Thanks to all.

Will buy the tar remover. 

Adam's clay mitt did not touch it. ARG

Away we go.

Will let you know what happens.

Do you have any pictures that you could show us the pine sap on the surface? Is the car garaged or parked outside most of the time? Since it's been a month since the original post, that sap might be baked in pretty good at this point.

Make sure to use the TAR remover out of direct sunlight, and do not let it dry on the surface! I would recommend to test a small area first to see how it works, rather than spray a large area.

Good luck, OP!  Once you've removed the sap/tar, you should consider ceramic coating your car instead of waxing it. I realize it's more expensive and a bit more work, but the increased protection is worth the investment...

Shortly after ceramic coating my black-on-black '13 GT500 a couple of years ago, I participated in a local car show. Without knowing it, I was staged downwind from a maple tree that was weeping sap into the steady breeze. By the time I figured out what was going on, hours in the bright summer sun had passed, baking the misted sap onto the entire car. Figuring I was looking at claying, re-correcting, and re-coating the car, I began by washing it (2-buckets, Adam's Car Shampoo, and an Adam's Wash Pad).  Much to my surprise (and elation) the baked-on sap came off with a simple. standard wash - the car was as smooth and shiny as it was right after coating! I'm relatively certain things would have been much different with wax as LSP.

Both my toys and wife's daily driver are now ceramic coated.  My Shelby and wife's 340ix were coated a couple of years ago, while my C7Z was done about two months ago...

20200423_081951.thumb.jpg.1351ebf65c9571fdf7a3e6777637d100.jpg

20180629_124350.thumb.jpg.90cd547bc518786933ba712c29f247c2.jpg

20200401_162055.thumb.jpg.9039db151fef459a6a10b275ee379788.jpg

2 hours ago, Norton said:

Good luck, OP!  Once you've removed the sap/tar, you should consider ceramic coating your car instead of waxing it. I realize it's more expensive and a bit more work, but the increased protection is worth the investment...

Shortly after ceramic coating my black-on-black '13 GT500 a couple of years ago, I participated in a local car show. Without knowing it, I was staged downwind from a maple tree that was weeping sap into the steady breeze. By the time I figured out what was going on, hours in the bright summer sun had passed, baking the misted sap onto the entire car. Figuring I was looking at claying, re-correcting, and re-coating the car, I began by washing it (2-buckets, Adam's Car Shampoo, and an Adam's Wash Pad).  Much to my surprise (and elation) the baked-on sap came off with a simple. standard wash - the car was as smooth and shiny as it was right after coating! I'm relatively certain things would have been much different with wax as LSP.

Both my toys and wife's daily driver are now ceramic coated.  My Shelby and wife's 340ix were coated a couple of years ago, while my C7Z was done about two months ago...

20200423_081951.thumb.jpg.1351ebf65c9571fdf7a3e6777637d100.jpg

20180629_124350.thumb.jpg.90cd547bc518786933ba712c29f247c2.jpg

20200401_162055.thumb.jpg.9039db151fef459a6a10b275ee379788.jpg

Don't forget the Tacoma! 

8 hours ago, falcaineer said:

Don't forget the Tacoma! 

Good point! I sometimes forget it's also sporting ceramic now.  While the shine is harder to capture on silver, ceramic protects it and makes it as easy to clean as the other cars.

20190916_074330.thumb.jpg.424ea6c40bb4e51629b496c18a85874f.jpg

7 hours ago, BacktoGM said:

Was thinking that as well. Will very much consider that Thank you

My daughter parked her Range Rover under a tree during the late spring and early summer and not only did it have sap everyplace, it was on there for about 6 weeks.   There was as side benefit to one one.  My old polisher died just after I started, so I did the entire thing by hand and then promptly ordered a Swirl Killer and that sure did up my game.  The first picture is after washing.  The second picture is after I was done.  

I did use Americana, not only because it looks great, but I also knew I needed to get a machine put on it in the fall to really clean it up.

Ultra Foam as lube with a little APC will help get lumpy sap off by using a plastic razor blade.  Brilliant Glaze will help remove any rings left from sap removal.

Good luck.

IMG_0449.JPG

IMG_0453.JPG