Customer Service 866.965.0400

7-10 days to process?

Usually Adams is pretty quick shipping out their products.  Especially if you select a faster shipping method in my experience. Anyone know why their taking 7-10 days to process shipments now? Thanks for any help!

Edited by clg82

39 minutes ago, shane@detailedreflections said:

My guess is the delay is due to Covid-19 related shipping matters. Possibly a reduction in staffing. I know they were making some products for healthcare workers and such so they may have changed focus slightly in the middle of a pandemic. 

You got it right Shane.  Everyone needs to be patient right now. 

It's the COVID-19 situation, the effects it's had on staff, hours, and telework, along with overwhelming demand for hand sanitizer, etc. Compile all of that and things I probably am not thinking of, and this is the result. There were/are thousands upon thousands of orders in the system - like Black Friday on steroids, for almost a month and counting. I know they've hired additional shipping and production staff and extended hours with a couple of shifts, as well, so they're doing pretty much all they can do keep up. 

Here's a website with more info to help explain more details.

https://adamspolishes.com/pages/need-help

Hi Chris, we have received an overwhelming influx of orders for Hand Sanitizer and Hand Soap over the past few weeks, from people all over the country in urgent need for these items, many of which are new customers. Social media is a very powerful thing, so a few re-shares of posts by a few celebrities and other large Instagram accounts saw our orders increase dramatically. I just heard from @Chris@Adams yesterday that the FBI in West Virginia recently put in their second large bulk for Hand Sanitizer, and that is just one example of bulk order requests that we are receiving from companies and emergency services all over the country.

They must observe social distancing practices at headquarters, staying 6-feet apart in the pick, pack, and ship lanes, so this slows things down a bit as well for safety reasons. Our team members that are processing, packing, and shipping orders have been working in shifts for a few weeks straight now, with order processing running 16+ hours each day to try to keep up with orders. The operations manager also hired 12 new people to help keep up with demand.

I want to give credit to our Customer Service team members too, that have been putting in some very long days to try to catch up with all of the email requests and phone calls. If anyone needs an order urgently, I would recommend to call or email first to see if we can expedite in some way - please keep in mind that we cannot currently expedite Hand Sanitizer. These are indeed different times this past month, and hopefully we will get back to more normal processing times soon. We do appreciate the understanding in shipping delays, and we certainly thank you all for your continued support and business :patriot:

Guess I should have ordered hand sanitizer....I know the situation the last couple of months has been trying on all of us. But good business practice would suggest. If you're wanting to increase revenue by producing a product that is in dire need during times like these, one of which isn't a car care product, you don't forget about the customers that got you to this point to begin with. And if you're expecting bulk orders on something this important.....hire more people ahead of time.....just some thoughts moving forward when trying to produce something outside of what your business is used to. 

Chris, No one had, or has a crystal ball to know what this pandemic has and will do to our "normal" lives. Everything has changed, and it's done so quickly. Hind site, being what it is, dictates that perhaps, some things could have/should have been done differently. But no one knew.

I'm working on a task with my day job right now, where taking your above comments and changing them from a car care company to a dairy cooperative would be almost the identical situation.

Take a deep breath, and relax...

3 hours ago, clg82 said:

Guess I should have ordered hand sanitizer....I know the situation the last couple of months has been trying on all of us. But good business practice would suggest. If you're wanting to increase revenue by producing a product that is in dire need during times like these, one of which isn't a car care product, you don't forget about the customers that got you to this point to begin with. And if you're expecting bulk orders on something this important.....hire more people ahead of time.....just some thoughts moving forward when trying to produce something outside of what your business is used to. 

Generally I agree with your sentiment 100%. I’ve openly disagreed on things Adam’s has done in the past on this forum, as well as directly to Adam himself of various representatives of the company. Admittedly, I can be pretty critical. 

That being said in this case I feel your sentiment is misguided, despite being well intentioned. 

“Desperate times call for desperate measures.” That’s the saying anyway. 

We are currently experiencing a pandemic on a world scale that is unlike anything we have ever seen. Economies are crippled. Death tolls continue. Infection rates rise. Resources are drained. 

This is something that has an impact on nearly every town, county, state, nation and continent. Everything is a fluid situation in a constant state of flux where needs change daily, or even by the minute. 

Not only do I own Detailed Reflections, but my true career (the one that really pays the bills) is being a firefighter in a community of 50,000 people. We have seen the feelings change from “we have plenty of gear” to “one to one replacement” so we don’t run out. So far to date, my community has over 200 cases of Covid-19. We have transported approximately seventy of these patients. I myself (and my crew) have had four direct contacts with Covid-19 positive patients to date that we know of. With every contact comes the need for more products to decontaminate ourselves and our equipment. This has created a shift where smaller local businesses have shifted their production to support their communities instead of the bottom line. We have an adhesive company a couple towns over that made hand sanitizer for every member of our department. This allowed them to keep their employees working, and helps the community. It’s the proverbial “win-win.”

Everyone now is being divided (right or wrong) into essential and non-essential. Non essential businesses are sometimes able to sustain themselves by offering something they don’t always. The need for general sanitization products versus car care products is clear currently. I can state that as the owner of a business that relies on car care products and the availability of them to keep going. 

Adam’s is putting their community before the needs of it’s existing “customers.” If our communities fail, the businesses fail. And companies disappear completely. You’re going to see a few crisis’ arise thanks to Covid-19 outside of healthcare. You will see a financial crisis, unemployment crisis, mental health crisis, potential housing crisis (credit will be trashed, savings wiped out, mortgages in default). It’s going to take time to climb out way out of this. The way we do that is by understanding that the needs of everyone have shifted significantly during this time. 

If you live in a lesser affected area, it doesn’t mean the companies in your area aren’t supporting those in areas of impact. 

For the greater good of society, and to end this as quickly as possible Adam’s has done the right thing. They should be applauded, not reminded that they need to get back to car care products and customers. 

I mean no disrespect to your thoughts, just sharing the views from the other side of the fence. I don’t want to bring Covid-19 home to my family because I couldn’t get what I needed to remain safe. And I don’t want to have to change how I interact with members of the community I serve out of fear or lack of proper supplies. Right now we all need to support each other. For the greater good. 

Edited by shane@detailedreflections

• 2 weeks later...

A quick update: We're getting close to being caught up with orders at the moment, and hopefully you have noticed processing times are decreasing some! The shipping teams (we have been running two shifts) have made great progress in processing the overwhelming amount of orders that came in, and we're now at 3-5 business days for processing orders rather than 7-10 days. We waited to put up mystery buckets and launch the new Towel & Pad Revitalizer until we started to catch up on orders, so as to not overwhelm the shipping teams even more. The oldest orders in the system right now are at 3 or 4 days old (not counting back ordered items or very large bulk orders of home care items).

We thank everyone for your patience and business! :patriot:

7 hours ago, Dan@Adams said:

A quick update: We're getting close to being caught up with orders at the moment, and hopefully you have noticed processing times are decreasing some! The shipping teams (we have been running two shifts) have made great progress in processing the overwhelming amount of orders that came in, and we're now at 3-5 business days for processing orders rather than 7-10 days. We waited to put up mystery buckets and launch the new Towel & Pad Revitalizer until we started to catch up on orders, so as to not overwhelm the shipping teams even more. The oldest orders in the system right now are at 3 or 4 days old (not counting back ordered items or very large bulk orders of home care items).

We thank everyone for your patience and business! :patriot:

You're getting caught up on ACTUAL car care products?!?!?!?!?!?!

@clg82 I will respectfully tell you that your views on the priorities that Adam's has followed are not shared by everyone.  I also understand that you may not share my views in the praise and gratitude that I have for the Adam's family for putting mankind ahead of profit by shifting manufacturing to help others.

I am not trying to start a Philosophical or political debate, I am just stating how I feel and I already know that your views differ from mine and that is OK.  I do not hold that against you, I do not wish you any harm and if you showed up in the soup line, hungry and unemployed, I would gladly provide you a meal.  It all comes down to respect and respect has nothing to do with agreeing or disagreeing with a particular perspective.

This simple movie phrase speaks of the compassion that those of us who served in a public role, whether it was our Military service, first responder's and community volunteers. We almost all believe that our dedication to others as a whole is what makes the world a better place. 

Spock says, “Logic clearly dictates that the needs of the many outweigh the needs of the few.” Captain Kirk answers, “Or the one.”

Whether it is the:

Car company making ventilators instead of a new Vette

Company making battery backups for ventilators instead of blue tooth speakers

Clothing manufacturer making face masks instead of shirts

Distillers or any other company that can make hand sanitizer and disinfectant doing so and that includes Adam's.

In my opinion, these companies need to be thanked for being focused on the greater good of all people.

Keep in mind that if you need an Adam's product quickly, Amazon and your Local Chevy or GMC dealer are good alternatives to the shipping time from Colorado.

I ordered a mystery bucket Monday afternoon, and Tuesday morning ordered the Cinco de mayo detail spray. I received my shipping notice Wednesday night for both orders. Things are getting faster for sure! 

Thank you Adams team for still providing me car products I WANT while providing essential products to those that NEED them. Y’all are amazing. 

It took a bit, and lots of extra hours and additional staff, but delays are no longer posted on the site (as of this post), likely meaning we're back on a "normal" shipping timeframe at this time.

Thanks for your patience, Adam's will continue to do all we can to get your orders out the door as quickly and safely as possible, and adjusting processes as necessary. Enjoy!

I placed a large order on Monday and it's still showing unfulfilled.  Not complaining, I totally understand your situation and applaud your efforts, just curious as to when I can expect it to ship.  Thanks.

1 hour ago, Green said:

I placed a large order on Monday and it's still showing unfulfilled.  Not complaining, I totally understand your situation and applaud your efforts, just curious as to when I can expect it to ship.  Thanks.

We don't handle order issues on here, that's best suited for our customer service team by emailing orders@adamspolishes.com, or calling 866-965-0400. But there are a couple of things I can recommend...check your spam folder as sometimes shipping emails go there, and also look at the order on your account page to see if it was inadvertently marked as "in-store pickup" (we've had some customers do so lately and orders never ship until it's updated). Otherwise, it should ship soon.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 5/5/2020 at 4:45 PM, NuNu said:

Sure are! Ordered Friday and shipped out on Monday .....that is faster then before Covid19 haha. Thanks for all that you guys did and are doing 

Must have spoke to soon .... it appears we are back to a snails pace ....maybe the riots have slowed things down? 

10 minutes ago, NuNu said:

Must have spoke to soon .... it appears we are back to a snails pace ....maybe the riots have slowed things down? 

Riots and protests do not affect our processing speed, but we did receive a very large amount of orders for the Buy a Gallon Get a 16oz Free and Memorial Day Promotions.

Shipping times are longer than normal once the orders leave our facility though, as all of the major shippers have new policies and guidelines to follow for Covid-19, and online purchases have been very high in all shopping categories. One post I read on our facebook community from a mail person said they have been running at Thanksgiving and Holiday season pace for the last 2 months straight, and they can't hire many people because they don't have time to train them or practice social distancing to train them in a delivery vehicle.

Yea didn't even think of the BOGO sale and still adjusting to the Covid thing. You guys are doing the best you can and are still one of the BEST companies I have ever dealt with concerning online purchases