Customer Service 866.965.0400

Brilliant glaze on ceramic coating?

HAMBO

Question

Hi everyone,

I’ve got some light swirls on my car that was ceramic coated about a year ago. Would polish them out but don’t want to strip the coating.

Any recommendation on ways to make them less visible? Any hesitation to use Brilliant Glaze on a coated car? 

Thanks! 

HAMBO

13 answers to this question

You could try, however Brilliant Glaze has only minimal filling properties and most likely won't take care of your light swirls. Try in an inconspicuous area first, just to make sure the two different chemicals play nice with each other to leave streaks. Also, Brilliant Glaze not being topped with another product isn't going to last past the washing, if that long.

5 hours ago, Chris@Adams said:

You might  try some Ceramic Coating (paste) wax, it may hide them a little.

https://adamspolishes.com/collections/ceramic-paste-wax

Thanks! I have an earlier version of this and will give it a try.

Would ceramic boost help “fill” or repair some of the imperfections in the coating? 

6 hours ago, HAMBO said:

Thanks! I have an earlier version of this and will give it a try.

Would ceramic boost help “fill” or repair some of the imperfections in the coating? 

It doesn't have filler properties, that I know of. It's also only temporary. 

You might want to hit the paint with our Polish on a White Foam Pad. If the swirls are in the coating and not through, you may be able to remove them without completely removing the Ceramic Coating. Follow up the light polishing with the Ceramic Paste Wax to add back some protection and add to the longevity of the Coating that's still on the vehicle. Then use the Ceramic Boost to help maintain the Ceramic Paste Wax.

If the swirls are deeper, through the Ceramic Coating, the coating's already gone where they are.

On 4/27/2020 at 4:03 AM, Chris@Adams said:

You might  try some Ceramic Coating (paste) wax, it may hide them a little.

https://adamspolishes.com/collections/ceramic-paste-wax

Sorry to revive an old thread, but I tried this and it did seem to at least somewhat and temporarily make the little swirls seems less apparent. Very shiny too! Very cool product.

Quick question on the ceramic paste wax: how long are you supposed to let it sit while it hazes? 1-2 min or longer?

Thanks!

I would think brilliant glaze doesn't stick to the ceramic coated car just like the traditional wax also doesn't. I really haven't found a product that makes my ceramic coated car to "pop" like a wax does. Then again, I haven't tried the paste wax (It's expensive!).

7 minutes ago, Sam Y said:

I would think brilliant glaze doesn't stick to the ceramic coated car just like the traditional wax also doesn't. I really haven't found a product that makes my ceramic coated car to "pop" like a wax does. Then again, I haven't tried the paste wax (It's expensive!).

You want to use CS3  and Ceramic Boost on ceramic coatings, not Brilliant Glaze.  

10 hours ago, Rich said:

You want to use CS3  and Ceramic Boost on ceramic coatings, not Brilliant Glaze.  

I see. I've used both actually but didn't notice any extra shine. I wasn't looking for it, however. Ceramic boost restored the hydrophobicity and and the CS3 was just another expensive cleaner to me. I would be willing to give it another shot, but it is quite expensive.

7 hours ago, Sam Y said:

I see. I've used both actually but didn't notice any extra shine. I wasn't looking for it, however. Ceramic boost restored the hydrophobicity and and the CS3 was just another expensive cleaner to me. I would be willing to give it another shot, but it is quite expensive.

I have used used BG on two vehicles with Ceramic and it does give it an extra pop, but it very short lived.  Make sure the vehicle is clean and I use the Patriots wax applicator to apply it.  It will last 24 to 48 hours at the most on Ceramic and it does give it an extra pop.  What I cannot tell you is whether or not it does any long term harm to the coating, I just haven't done it enough.

As for adding the Ceramic Wax on top of the Coating, I have also done that and it gives it more depth, but does not add an extra pop.  Yes, the Ceramic Paste Was is expensive, but a little bit goes a long way.  However, I wouldn't bother adding it to a Ceramic Coating vehicle again when you can use CS3 to keep it looking good.

Something I should've added is BG has solvent, so it's useful to remove high spots after applying a coating. That said, since it does remove them, I would give extra time on a coating before applying BG for its normal purpose...maybe several days to a week+ so you don't compromise any final curing process. Just a thought.

12 hours ago, falcaineer said:

Something I should've added is BG has solvent, so it's useful to remove high spots after applying a coating. That said, since it does remove them, I would give extra time on a coating before applying BG for its normal purpose...maybe several days to a week+ so you don't compromise any final curing process. Just a thought.

I agree, BG could very well degrade the Ceramic Coating to some degree.