Customer Service 866.965.0400

Pressure Washer / Foam Canon Help Needed

icantdrive55

Question

I could really use some help from our Adam's Polishes Forum Family.  

Over the winter I purchased a Portland 1750 Pressure Washer to go with Adam's Foam Cannon and Snub Nose Pressure Washer attachment.  Now that the weather is starting to warm up (sort of) in the Northeast I'm ready to put everything to use.  The problem is the hose that came with the pressure washer is, for lack of a better term, proprietary to that machine.  The connection to the pressure washer has a longer 'nipple' than a standard pressure washer connection, and the connection at the wand end is 100% specific to the wand that came with the machine.  Once I realized part of this issue, I ordered a new pressure washer hose online and that's how I figured out the problem with the 'nipple' connection to the pressure washer.

I am looking for everyone's help and suggestions to figure this out.  I'm really looking forward to using the Foam Cannon but need to figure this out.  Here are some pictures for reference - the pressure washer, the hose with the long 'nipple' that came with the pressure washer, and the new hose I purchased online.

Thanks in advance for any and all help.

Mike

IMG_20200427_174922040.jpg

IMG_20200427_175012778.jpg

IMG_20200427_175044250.jpg

7 answers to this question

As Chris stated above, check with Obsessed Garage. You may need to disassemble the pressure washer to get to it's female connector. Hopefully it can be easily removed and a standard fitting put on it place of the machine's propitiatory one.

For me, I did get the adapter as suggested but it still leaked under pressure.  I ended up buying a compact Greenworks electric 1700psi pressure washer from Lowes for $99.  I had a $100 rebate debit card from a recent tire purchase.  It works great with no issues and, especially, no leaks.  I am disappointed with the connections issues with the Portland pressure washer but will hang onto it for other household cleaning needs.