Customer Service 866.965.0400

Wheel & Tire Cleaner - Technique

RayS

Question

I really like the new Wheel & Tire Cleaner, especially on the ceramic coated wheels.   Where I am running into a challenge is with my technique, so I'm looking for suggestions from others.

When using Wheel Cleaner, I would use the large and/or small wheel woolie and then the lug brush and when doing the tires with Tire Cleaner, it was a stiff brush.   I always did the wheel first and once they were all complete, I would move on to the tires.  I would rarely miss a spot or not get one completely clean on the first attempt.

With the Wheel & Tire Cleaner, I've tried the woolie, lug brush and then hitting the tire with the stiff brush.  I've also tried using a soft wheel brush, lug brush and then the stiff tire brush.  The one place that I never seem to have a miss is the lugs, which is good.  I always use the same routine, spray the product, do the wheel, then the lugs, followed by the tire and then rinse everything off and look for anyplace that needs to be hit again.

The wife's garage queen has been parked outside for a couple of week, so it got a full spa treatment today.  It was warm and sunny, so I was trying to ensure I got the wheel and tire cleaned and rinsed before any of the chemical could dry.  I don't rush, just move with a purpose and if I can see something that needs to be reworked while cleaning or upon rinsing I take care of it right then and there. 

Without exception, I had misses on every wheel that I could see once I got all the way around the vehicle and they dried, so there is no doubt that my technique needs adjustment.  It may just be that I can't see the spots that need to be touched again until they dry.  Also, it is not just on the wife's vehicle, but more pronounced on chrome wheels that I'm finding misses.  I'm just not sure why I'm missing spots, so I'm reaching out to see what others are doing or if anyone else is having the same issue adjusting their technique.

Edited by RayS

3 answers to this question

After a wash and dry I go over my wheels with Ceramic Boost, CS3, or Matte Detailer. The black satin wheels my my wife's Camaro are the worst for showing areas I've missed or didn't scrub thoroughly enough. The Matte Detailer takes care of them perfectly.