Customer Service 866.965.0400

Thinking about so many products

Mantis

Question

Hello all,

I've been thinking about paint protection after a compound and Polish, beautiful prepped paint and ready to be protected. There are so many options it's ver whelming.

You got your usual Carnauba wax, then you have Sealants and now Ceramic waxes coating etc. I know the Coating is the best option and the most expensive but what about all these ceramic spray coatings, waxes vs sealants and carnauba waxes of yesterday ? Can a spray last as long or longer then a properly applied sealant? Is the cost worth it? Maybe cost isn't the biggest deal as some waxes can get pretty expensive.

For a daily driver in normal non extreme conditions like rain, some snow in the winter and 80-100 degree summer days with sunshine clouds and rain, what do you think ? Do you think these spray coatings can compete with a good sealant?

7 answers to this question

2 hours ago, Mantis said:

Hello all,

I've been thinking about paint protection after a compound and Polish, beautiful prepped paint and ready to be protected. There are so many options it's ver whelming.

You got your usual Carnauba wax, then you have Sealants and now Ceramic waxes coating etc. I know the Coating is the best option and the most expensive but what about all these ceramic spray coatings, waxes vs sealants and carnauba waxes of yesterday ? Can a spray last as long or longer then a properly applied sealant? Is the cost worth it? Maybe cost isn't the biggest deal as some waxes can get pretty expensive.

For a daily driver in normal non extreme conditions like rain, some snow in the winter and 80-100 degree summer days with sunshine clouds and rain, what do you think ? Do you think these spray coatings cancompete with a good sealant?

@Mantis im am a weekend warrior and have been following the Adams

product line closely the past 3 years. It can be overwhelming but ill give you my opinion.  I have only daily drivers, no garage queens ...yet🤞🏼👏🏽    
 I have tried several of the waxes then gave it a shot at the full Ceramic coating. I was able to get a full size suv and sedan completed  with one bottle.  
 I was extremely happy with the results and longeivity.  
 Out of boredom I tried the CsC earlier this spring.  The ease of application was impressive.  Results have been very good thus far. 
 If you gonna compare pricing, keep

in mind that the sealant is about the same

price as the CSC.  (I have not dxperience with sealant) and i beleive the CSC is rated to last much longer.  
 Also, considering the full CC was about $100 per bottle, remeber that you are not waxing it or applying any sealant over that vehicle for at least 2 years...soalthough larger up front cost it may be cheaper in the long run.  Also, the hydrophobic properies with the ceramics are awesome.  It makes Weekly cleaning a breeze. 
 I also use the older version of the ceramic wax...i think the csc is better.  I use it just because i have it..its not necessary on a cermic coated vehicle. 
 Thats just my thought..im sure someone else will chime in shortly!! Good

luck. 

Edited by tlbullet

Hi @Mantis I have multiple vehicles that I take care of and they range from outdoor low end vehicles to garage queens, classics and everything in between.

Because I have plenty of products, I do tend to pick what I think is the best product for the given vehicle.  For the low end daily drivers, they get a wash and paint sealant once or twice a year.  The next up will get Paint Sealant a couple of times a year and wax with Spray Wax or America, they both look good and last about the same length of time.   For vehicles that are good and are either being flipped or need more serious paint correction or repainting within a year or two, they usually get Ceramic Paste Wax, original version.  It last for a good 10 months even on an outside vehicle and it looks great.

For the upper end vehicles, garage queens and most of the classics, they corrected and then Ceramic Spray Coating.  The first vehicle I did with CSC is coming up on one year and the vehicle still looks great.  It sits outside 24/7, is a daily driver and only gets a good wash about once a month.   The wife's garage queen has CSC, it gets treated exceptionally well and I go over it at least once a week with either Ceramic Waterless Wash or CS3.  I coated it about 9 months ago and still looks like the day I did it.

If I had to choose one line, it would be the CSC.  I have the cost of either line is close when you look at the longevity and maintenance.  However, if the intent is for a short term protectant, then I'd recommend going with non-ceramic line.

I generally watch for the sales and buy in volume and it works out really well when there are BOGO sales.  The second benefit of the larger less frequent purchases is that you always get the advantage of free shipping. 

I think if I were going to just do a single or pair of Daily Drivers and didn't enjoy trying dozens of different products and spending serious garage therapy time I would just go straight Ceramic Spray Coat every 6 months and CS3 every couple washes.

I've been using Adam's for 17 years so I've pretty much tried and tested everything that's come out.  Always been real happy with all of the waxes and polishes, well, everything.  I was scared to try the full ceramic coating, so I opted to try the Ceramic Spray Coating and do the full detail (wash, clay, polish prep, and then coat) on my daily driver, which is black by the way.  Chevy Equinox.  I did it a year ago, last June.  And it's still holding up like a champ.  I plan on redoing it soon if it ever quits raining for more than a day.  One day of sun a week leaves me with zero time for cars when I have to use that one sunny day to cut grass, etc.  But anyhow, the Ceramic Spray Coat has impressed me the most. Application was easy, wasn't days in doing......just a few hours. Easy to maintain with just washes and CS3.  Highly recommended. 

Now that you've hopefully read the article above and seen other great advice, I'll ask a few questions. What color is your car? Do you enjoy the traditional wax process, or are you looking for more ease of maintenance? At you prepared to do a full paint decon and correction process? Or do you want something simple that may move needed more often?