Customer Service 866.965.0400

C&C Detail Spray Formulas

galaxy

Question

So I've got a few bottles of Cars & Coffee detail spray's because it's my hands down, no questions asked, favorite formula EVER.  The performance of the older one has just been unmatched by any other detail spray flavor.  I don't know how to describe what's different, but it just is!

Fast Forward, I picked up a couple bottles of the 2020 version just because I was on my last bottle.  Haven't used it yet.  BUT, the formula is clearly different, and I'm not just talking about a difference in the shade of the color.  

With the old formula, I get a significant amount of settling in the bottom of the bottle that requires shaking before use.  This happens fairly quick, like needs to be shaken almost daily.  However, the new 2020 bottle does not do this.  What gives?  Just curious.  I haven't used it yet to see any performance difference, but still something going on here.  Thanks guys. 

8 answers to this question

The settling is nothing to worry about. It's the fragrance used in the solution, and depending on what's used, some of which can actually be pretty complex, you may see it as settling at the bottom, a ring a lot the top (Cinco 2018 did this, I think), etc.

Oh, trust me, I wasn't worried about it.  I just didn't know if it was a formula thing or something that may affect the performance.  Cause I don't care what no one says, the C&C detail spray is different, and I'm hoping my 2020 C&C works the same as the older one. 

I was wondering the same thing about the waterless wash. Here you can see my last bottle and current bottle. The color and scent were obviously different. (the left/darker one is the new formula I received recently, the right one is from a few months ago).

The thing is, it's okay that these formulas change from time to time. BUT it gets you wondering as a customer: often times companies change things to cut costs. I think the Kirkland microfiber towels I used to love had a similar transition in the last two years. If no explanation is given as to why the formula changed, then that's the default explanation I would give myself as a consumer. Trying out both sprays I don't think I could tell the difference, but it would've been nice to have a different name so the formula change is transparent. Then again, maybe that's too much work.

y4ms3GA3lf8CZ1Z6CDAKbiDBM8yr5BcjculK88wQ

Ugghhh...that's my knee jerk reaction too; is that they've changed it to cut corners or reduce costs.  I usually kick myself and try to remind me that "not Adam's".  They have obviously made some improvements that weren't significant enough for some additional fanfare!  LOL.

BECAUSE...if they did announce every little improvement or update to a formula, I'm also the type, at least with Adam's products, that I just have to have the lates and greatest...and that induces other problems!  Again, LOL!

18 hours ago, Sam Y said:

I was wondering the same thing about the waterless wash. Here you can see my last bottle and current bottle. The color and scent were obviously different. (the left/darker one is the new formula I received recently, the right one is from a few months ago).

The thing is, it's okay that these formulas change from time to time. BUT it gets you wondering as a customer: often times companies change things to cut costs. I think the Kirkland microfiber towels I used to love had a similar transition in the last two years. If no explanation is given as to why the formula changed, then that's the default explanation I would give myself as a consumer. Trying out both sprays I don't think I could tell the difference, but it would've been nice to have a different name so the formula change is transparent. Then again, maybe that's too much work.

y4ms3GA3lf8CZ1Z6CDAKbiDBM8yr5BcjculK88wQ

5 hours ago, galaxy said:

Ugghhh...that's my knee jerk reaction too; is that they've changed it to cut corners or reduce costs.  I usually kick myself and try to remind me that "not Adam's".  They have obviously made some improvements that weren't significant enough for some additional fanfare!  LOL.

BECAUSE...if they did announce every little improvement or update to a formula, I'm also the type, at least with Adam's products, that I just have to have the lates and greatest...and that induces other problems!  Again, LOL!

I asked our chemist, it's the same formula. Several factors in the manufacturing process can affect color, but there hasn't been a change.

The Waterless Wash color change has been a big concern on facebook this past week.

I can assure you we are not cutting corners or reducing costs. This last batch, the color dye didn't take as well. I was told that it is a dye issue with the particular scent used in Waterless Wash, and that Adam likes the scent, so I don't think we'll change it. So that is why there can be a color difference with each batch of Waterless Wash in particular. There is no difference in performance or smell 👍