Customer Service 866.965.0400

What to maintain Americana between waxes

2021 C63S

Question

I recently did a paint correction my my GT350 (blue w/ white stripes).

Did the clay, compound and polish, paint sealant, brilliant glaze, and then topped with Americana.

i usually wash my car every 3-7 days, as required—it’s garaged, but daily driven.

What product and regimen do you all recommend to top the Americana with after washes to keep or better yet, booster the gloss and depth.

I know there are several LSP options out there and all the new rage is ceramic and the complimentary products.

What should I look at? Detail spray, guard and gloss, spray wax?  I’m assuming ceramic boost wouldn’t play well with the Americana, nor would it keep the warm and deep carnuba look I love, or would it?

Thanks in advance.

Cheers,

Jason 

9 answers to this question

Since Paint Sealant is your base, I'd recommend you not use Americana and instead use HGG to maintain once a month/every 3-4 washes. Mixing product families like a Sealant (acrylic resin) and Americana (carnauba) can adversely affect hydrophobic properties of the base layer. Here's a great article with more info on why...

13 hours ago, GT350_Voodoo said:

I recently did a paint correction my my GT350 (blue w/ white stripes).

Did the clay, compound and polish, paint sealant, brilliant glaze, and then topped with Americana.

Honestly - your regiment (seal, glaze, wax) was the "go-to" procedure for a Show Car Finish recommended by Adam for a long time.  In fact - I used this exact same procedure on my Camaro for YEARS.  Of course - it's garage kept and not a daily driver so it didn't see as much of the outside world as yours does.  I have changed up the LSP to Patriot and now use the Ceramic Paste Wax but, to be honest, I'm not sure it's any better than old trusty Americana.  They ALL look fantastic on my car but I think Americana was the easiest to use but the differences are slight and need a more discerning eye than I have.

As far as maintenance products go I have tried a few and been happy with the look of all of them but some are easier to use than others. I have never had a problem with any (other than the 1st version of Boost which streaked a little) and they all look great!

It's hard to beat Spray Wax for ease of use.  It's like Detail Spray on steroids.  Looks fantastic over Americana.

H2OGG takes a little more work but it lasts longer and you can use it as a drying aid or apply already dry. Looks fantastic over Americana.

Your best bet it to get both and try them out.  See which works best for you.

In your post it appears you have the Americana already down as your LSP. To maintain the Americana between waxings Use the Spray Wax. Keep any very light dust off with Detail Spray.

I have a vehicle that I have Americana on and have found Spray Wax to work exceptionally well as a drying aid following the Wet Method on the instructions on the bottle.  If the vehicle needs to be touched up between washes, I use the regular Water Wash or Detail Spray.

Thanks for the replies guys!

I picked up some detail spray and will likely use some spray wax.  I will probably try out H2O G&G at some point, but I have a feeling it'll end up taking away the warm and deep carnauba glow that American gives it the dark paint.

Cheers,

Jason

2 hours ago, GT350_Voodoo said:

I picked up some detail spray and will likely use some spray wax.  I will probably try out H2O G&G at some point, but I have a feeling it'll end up taking away the warm and deep carnauba glow that American gives it the dark paint.

Cheers,

Jason

Granted, a high quality carnauba wax like Americana gives incredible depth and shine. But HGG gives incredible shine, too. It has as carnauba flake in it, and it'll last longer.

7 hours ago, GT350_Voodoo said:

Cheers,

Jason

No way!  Before I went to the Ceramics, Americana or Patriot were my go to's, followed by the Guard and Gloss.  It's a killer combo. 

Thanks everyone for the inputs.  I did another coat of Americana last week.  I'll probably order some HGG just to see how it works and then use it on my wife's car if I don't like it.  

I put some BG on this afternoon after washing just to see how it'd look.  Came out great, I know it doesn't last long, which is fine.  I just hope it doesn't negatively impact the Americana under it--smells solvent heavy...