Customer Service 866.965.0400

Using wheel and tire cleaner in a foaming sprayer

Eric19RX

Question

Hello,

I recently purchased the iK foam pro 2 sprayer and wanted to use the wheel and tire cleaner product in it.  Does the product need to be diluted? If so, then what's the proper ratio for generating maximum foam?

7 answers to this question

Hi Eric, I've used the Wheel & Tire Cleaner at about an 8:1 dilution ratio (approx 45 oz of Water and 5 oz of Wheel & Tire Cleaner) in the iK Foam Pro 2 Sprayer, and it made a ton of foam. My wheels had very heavy brake dust build-up and it removed about 90% of the brake dust.

So I would say to go with a 6:1 dilution ratio (43 oz of water and 7 oz of Wheel & Tire Cleaner in the IK Foam Pro 2 canister) for a little more concentrated cleaning and even more foam. 

28 minutes ago, Dan@Adams said:

Hi Eric, I've used the Wheel & Tire Cleaner at about an 8:1 dilution ratio (approx 45 oz of Water and 5 oz of Wheel & Tire Cleaner) in the iK Foam Pro 2 Sprayer, and it made a ton of foam. My wheels had very heavy brake dust build-up and it removed about 90% of the brake dust.

So I would say to go with a 6:1 dilution ratio (43 oz of water and 7 oz of Wheel & Tire Cleaner in the IK Foam Pro 2 canister) for a little more concentrated cleaning and even more foam. 

Hi Dan,

Thank you for taking the time to reply to my post! 

I will definitely give this a try and see how it works.  

I just went outside and grabbed some pictures at the 8:1 dilution on slightly dirty wheels. It removed all dirt very wheel using the Short Wheel Brush and Wheel Woolie. Please keep in mind that I only cleaned the wheel here for illustration purposes and did not clean the tire - it's going to rain later today 😞 And yeah, I need to get new, better quality center caps too. The center caps are starting to fail after 3 years now. Hot and sunny here right now, so the water was drying on the matte black wheels quickly when I rinsed them!

3Tw6Vfj.jpg

That's awesome and exactly what I had in mind!

I really appreciate you going to this much effort to illustrate your experience with the process.  No judgement here about the center caps, but that's a bummer they're failing after only 3 years.  The Brembo brakes are looking good though.

Haha, thanks. They're very affordable aftermarket wheels that I wanted to run a 20x9 at all four corners to rotate tires, so I can't really complain about cheap center caps. I may get some black Chevy center caps, or the other option is I might trade these and look for some new wheels.

4 hours ago, BRZN said:

Dan GrafxWerks made up a set of Liquidome center cap overlays for Holly's Camaro that have held up incredibly well.

Those look great! I have Grafxwerks vinyl overlays on my GTO center caps. I

f I do vinyl overlays on these, the center caps that came with the wheels have raised "Drag" brand lettering in the plastic, so I would have to sand them down smooth first. I have an almost exact matte black Krylon spray paint match too (that I used to repair an impact from a large piece of debris), so I might go that route too.