Customer Service 866.965.0400

BuBruce86

Hey everyone,

Hope everyone is making it through this pandemic safely. My family and I live in a suburb of Chicago. I am new to the Adams world, but everything I have used thus far is superior to anything I have ever come in contact with.  I have decided that it is time to take my passion for detailing and protecting the finish of my own vehicles and turn it into a mobile detailing business.  With that said, I was wondering if any of you in the Adams world have done this before.  It is likely that a large portion of the eyes that read this have some insight into things like this.  I am eagerly interested in any words of wisdom, caution, experience or things that you wish you would have done differently.  Thank you in advance, and I am happy to be here. 

-Bruce

Welcome, Bruce!

I've been doing mobile detailing for a couple of years now. The biggest lesson I can offer is always be honest with your customers. Be up front with setting expectations, and if there's an issue along the way - we all make mistakes! - address it immediately. I would rather be honest and lose a client than not and keep earning their business. 

@shane@detailedreflections wrote a great in-depth article or two (Shane, can you link to it/them here?), and here's a video from Adam and others on the business side of things.

We are all here to help. Good luck!

9 hours ago, falcaineer said:

Welcome, Bruce!

I've been doing mobile detailing for a couple of years now. The biggest lesson I can offer is always be honest with your customers. Be up front with setting expectations, and if there's an issue along the way - we all make mistakes! - address it immediately. I would rather be honest and lose a client than not and keep earning their business. 

@shane@detailedreflections wrote a great in-depth article or two (Shane, can you link to it/them here?), and here's a video from Adam and others on the business side of things.

We are all here to help. Good luck!

Thanks!  I’d have to dig the articles out again. But if you search my history you’ll find them @BuBruce86. I will day this, growth is harder than you think to obtain. And when it takes hold can be difficult to manage. Bear that in mind as you learn the ropes.

The cars are the easy part. The business isn’t easy. 

• 2 months later...

@falcaineerThank you for taking the time to share your insight.  The video itself helped me see some opportunities for connecting with my customers on a personal level that I am already missing out on.  Specifically when Adam was telling the story about the business cards and a personal note of gratitude.  If I was a customer, that would mean something to me.   

I have been officially in business for two months now, and I definitely have more questions than answers.  At its worst detailing is a leisure activity for me, but it is a paid leisure at its best.  I love cars, I love making them shine, I am a willing vessel to soak up insight and wisdom from the people that are farther along this path than me.