Customer Service 866.965.0400

Q: Pressure washer help?

ADG

Question

*beginner, so please be patient with me.*

I know nothing about pressure washers, so I am hoping someone can possible give me some feedback between the two pressure washers that I am looking to purchase.

1.  Oregon 3300 psi pressure washer
2. Mi-T-M 3200 psi pressure washer 

I want the Mi-T-M, but it is significantly more expensive than the Oregon, but I don't mind paying a little more for a good pressure washer.  

I know Mi-T-M has a great reputation and great products.

The Oregon is around $500, and the  Mi-T-M is around $800 from the quotes that I received.

Is the 3300 psi going to be better than the 3200 psi?

I have attached all the information that I have on the pressure washers.
Anyone who has knowledge about pressure washers, please give me some feedback.

Thank you very much.

Oregon 3300 psi.pdf Mi-T-M Pressure Washer 3200.pdf

Edited by ADG
Removed direct-linking

21 answers to this question

Both of those seem like overkill to me if you are going to use them for cleaning a vehicle. Unless you can regulate the pressure down, 3200 psi and up is too high for cleaning a vehicle in my opinion, and actually over the max PSI rating for most of our foam cannon options. Something in the 1700-2800 psi range with a high GPM flow rate would be safer and easier on the wallet. You may want to look into different electric pressure washers - much quieter operating volume levels, and easier setup without having to worry about fuel.

Also please note that direct-linking to competitor products is prohibited on this forum. Thank you for understanding.

41 minutes ago, Dan@Adams said:

Both of those seem like overkill to me if you are going to use them for cleaning a vehicle. Unless you can regulate the pressure down, 3200 psi and up is too high for cleaning a vehicle in my opinion, and actually over the max PSI rating for most of our foam cannon options. Something in the 1700-2800 psi range with a high GPM flow rate would be safer and easier on the wallet. You may want to look into different electric pressure washers - much quieter operating volume levels, and easier setup without having to worry about fuel.

Also please note that direct-linking to competitor products is prohibited on this forum. Thank you for understanding.

Understood.
I will be using around the house as well (I apologize for not including that).

Wow!
You make great points that I did NOT consider at all, and I would HATE to purchase these expensive pressure washers and NOT be able to use them with Adam's products.

So, I would really stay within the 1700-2800 psi range?
Would 3000 psi still be too much?

I've never thought about electric pressure washers?
Hmmm I will try to look into those.  

You are very helpful and hopefully saving me from wasting some aggravation and money! 

48 minutes ago, Dan@Adams said:

Direct-linking removed.
I completely understand.

Edited by ADG

I gave up on gas pressure washers many years ago and haven't looked back. The electric are much easier to deal with, no stale gas, no running out of gas, no noise and many other reasons why I prefer electric.  Yes, the cord can be hassle, but no more than having to run a hose.

I do my concrete driveway, 100 feet long that goes from 12 feet wide at the top to 48 feet wide at the bottom.  The sidewalks, pool deck and over 150 feet of fence - 300 feet if thing of both sides.  However, it rarely gets used on a vehicle, I prefer to use the Foam Gun over the Foam Cannon.  When doing large vehicles, motorhomes, campers and such, then the pressure washer makes life easier.  

By the time I get out the pressure washer and everything connected, I can have the vehicle sprayed down with the Foam Gun and ready for washing.  

Edit:  Read your other post about the muddy vehicle, a pressure washer is the way for you to go.  A Foam Gun works good on vehicles that are lightly soiled.

Edited by RayS

55 minutes ago, RayS said:

I gave up on gas pressure washers many years ago and haven't looked back. The electric are much easier to deal with, no stale gas, no running out of gas, no noise and many other reasons why I prefer electric.  Yes, the cord can be hassle, but no more than having to run a hose.

I do my concrete driveway, 100 feet long that goes from 12 feet wide at the top to 48 feet wide at the bottom.  The sidewalks, pool deck and over 150 feet of fence - 300 feet if thing of both sides.  However, it rarely gets used on a vehicle, I prefer to use the Foam Gun over the Foam Cannon.  When doing large vehicles, motorhomes, campers and such, then the pressure washer makes life easier.  

By the time I get out the pressure washer and everything connected, I can have the vehicle sprayed down with the Foam Gun and ready for washing.  

Edit:  Read your other post about the muddy vehicle, a pressure washer is the way for you to go.  A Foam Gun works good on vehicles that are lightly soiled.

RayS,
Thank you for giving me that advice.  I am seriously looking into an electric pressure washer now.
Do you have any recommendations, because the ones listed above are gas.  I have no other pressure washers in mind at this point?
What electric pressure washer do you use?

Please explain the difference between the Foam Gun vs. Foam Cannon?

Thank you so much for this help.

18 minutes ago, ADG said:

Great question! Here's an article on that very thing...

Bottom line up front (or "BLUF," as we say in the military), Gun is for a hose, Cannon for a pressure washer. 🤟

https://adamspolishes.com/pages/foamgunvsfoamcannon

23 hours ago, ADG said:

RayS,
Thank you for giving me that advice.  I am seriously looking into an electric pressure washer now.
Do you have any recommendations, because the ones listed above are gas.  I have no other pressure washers in mind at this point?
What electric pressure washer do you use?

Thank you so much for this help.

Chris has you covered on the difference between the Gun and Cannon with one minor exception in his reference to the military.  The Army has Cannon's, the seagoing forces have Gun's and the Air Force drops bombs, which you don't want to do to your vehicle.  Of note, the Air Force does use BLUF except when they send in a BUFF, then that is the last statement given.

As for the Pressure Washer, there are a lot of different articles on the form and they include everything from connectors to the volume of water, which can be more important than the pressure itself.  The Adam's Electric Pressure Washer comes with everything you need to get up and running without needing to retrofit parts, make multiple trips to get the right connector or worry about who to contact when something isn't right.   Here's the link to the Adam's Pressure Washer:  https://adamspolishes.com/products/adams-pressure-washer  Just so you know, linking Adam's products in the Forum is acceptable.

Mine is a 1.2 GPM and 1700 PSI and meets the requirements of what is needed for the things that I do.  It is also over 10 years old and still works like a charm and at the time is was around $150 for it, so I feel like I've gotten my moneys worth out of it.  If I were in the need to purchase another one, the Adam's electric meets the size and comes with the equipment needed.

@Dan@Adams  Any idea when the Adam's Pressure Washers might be back in stock?   

11 hours ago, RayS said:

Chris has you covered on the difference between the Gun and Cannon with one minor exception in his reference to the military.  The Army has Cannon's, the seagoing forces have Gun's and the Air Force drops bombs, which you don't want to do to your vehicle.  Of note, the Air Force does use BLUF except when they send in a BUFF, then that is the last statement given.

As for the Pressure Washer, there are a lot of different articles on the form and they include everything from connectors to the volume of water, which can be more important than the pressure itself.  The Adam's Electric Pressure Washer comes with everything you need to get up and running without needing to retrofit parts, make multiple trips to get the right connector or worry about who to contact when something isn't right.   Here's the link to the Adam's Pressure Washer:  https://adamspolishes.com/products/adams-pressure-washer  Just so you know, linking Adam's products in the Forum is acceptable.

Mine is a 1.2 GPM and 1700 PSI and meets the requirements of what is needed for the things that I do.  It is also over 10 years old and still works like a charm and at the time is was around $150 for it, so I feel like I've gotten my moneys worth out of it.  If I were in the need to purchase another one, the Adam's electric meets the size and comes with the equipment needed.

@Dan@Adams  Any idea when the Adam's Pressure Washers might be back in stock?   

RayS,

Thank you.
This can be confusing for someone who isn't knowledgeable about this kind of stuff.
I wonder when the Adam's Pressure Washer will be back in stock?

I had been interested in the Adam's pressure washer due to simplicity and the "ready to go" factor.  Are the specs on the Adam's washer just sufficient to make great foam, or does it really get the job done. I'm sure like most, we've all seen videos of great and amazing foam, and we've all seen "meh, good try" foam.  I'd guess the specs on the washer is what makes that difference. 

56 minutes ago, galaxy said:

I had been interested in the Adam's pressure washer due to simplicity and the "ready to go" factor.  Are the specs on the Adam's washer just sufficient to make great foam, or does it really get the job done. I'm sure like most, we've all seen videos of great and amazing foam, and we've all seen "meh, good try" foam.  I'd guess the specs on the washer is what makes that difference. 

galaxy,
I got a super cheap pressure washer a few weeks ago.
OMG! It was horrible - maybe that's why I am looking into more expensive ones. LOL
The cheap pressure washer was not the way to go - 1700 psi if I remember correctly.

Oh yea, I knew not to buy a cheap one.  I would use a descent pressure washer for other projects, but I would not buy one that didn't produce the absolute best foam and I know the specs are important for that.  And I want electric for use in the garage in winter.  I think from my minimal homework, you need a really really good (read expensive) electric one to make excellent foam.  I seem to recall some posts/threads in the past that the Adam's one maybe wasn't that great?  Not sure.  Or peeps were pissed it was made in China or some drama. 

On 5/29/2020 at 1:03 PM, galaxy said:

Oh yea, I knew not to buy a cheap one.  I would use a descent pressure washer for other projects, but I would not buy one that didn't produce the absolute best foam and I know the specs are important for that.  And I want electric for use in the garage in winter.  I think from my minimal homework, you need a really really good (read expensive) electric one to make excellent foam.  I seem to recall some posts/threads in the past that the Adam's one maybe wasn't that great?  Not sure.  Or peeps were pissed it was made in China or some drama. 

What  spec creates the foam? 
What should I be looking for in conjunction with the psi?
Thank you.

18 hours ago, Chris@Adams said:

This Landa electric pressure washer is super nice, plenty pressure & very versatile. I absolutely LOVE mine!

https://adamspolishes.com/products/landa-electric-pressure-washer

Chris@Adams,
I bet it is great! LOL
Now, when can I place the order on your credit card? LOL I'm so kidding.... :P
Wow! 
I wish that I could get this (maybe one day)?

1 hour ago, RayS said:

I'm waiting to hear about somebody receiving one in their Mystery Box.  It looks nice, but that is a whole lot for an electric pressure washer.

Pretty sure that's a drop ship item so I doubt it'd ever wind up in one. But I guess anything is possible 🤞🏼