Customer Service 866.965.0400

What works best to make Silver Metallic Paint pop the most?

CrazeyDetail

Question

What has, anybody that has Silver Metallic Paint, worked best for them for making it shine at it's best? I have a Ram 1500 Crew Cab and I want the paint to pop. I dont any swirl marks or paint imperfections so I dont need paint correction. What's your process?

7 answers to this question

2 minutes ago, CrazeyDetail said:

What has, anybody that has Silver Metallic Paint, worked best for them for making it shine at it's best? I have a Ram 1500 Crew Cab and I want the paint to pop. I dont any swirl marks or paint imperfections so I dont need paint correction. What's your process?

Hi Chris,

We have had a good discussion about what it takes to make a vehicle pop, so I'm going to recommend you start by reviewing this thread.

I know the reference is for a white vehicle, but the process to make it your silver vehicle pop starts from the same point.

Give it a good polish as mentioned and put whatever form of protection on it.  White and silver are not going to have the pop like black or red.  In the right light white and silver has a nice gloss.  In bright sun the paint will look brighter with a nice polish.  

My 99 Grand Prix in silvermist metallic recently polished and coated in non-adams products.  See the difference lighting makes.  

IMG_6408b.thumb.jpg.4434dc0f0271af426b6e0a4a9bb97122.jpg

IMG_6425b.thumb.jpg.ae5f6ed5ad1df33c0cc9c6e157d6becb.jpg

My brothers 2018 Equinox polished and coated with Adams spray coating. 

IMG_6237.JPG.f7db855daf05a99adede17f0a0d7e4e9.JPG

IMG_6248a.thumb.jpg.f8ffa1db5ae6d6a975c3a39b5c6ec62c.jpg

Perhaps you don't need paint correction, however the "pop", as those above have stated comes from flawless paint. If it's not flawless it's not up to its potential.

4I5nBln.jpg

My 2018 Malibu is polished to darn near perfection, and Ceramic Coated with Adam's 9H Ceramic Paint Coating. Paint Sealant on top of a polished vehicle can give you the appearance you're looking for, as will Brilliant Glaze, then topped with one of our Waxes; Buttery, Americana, or Patriot.

While the full set of pictures will get posted sometime over the weekend when this is complete, I finished polishing this one an hour or so ago.  This vehicle was ordered and delivered to the dealer last Tuesday and went to the owners house and in their garage.   It was delivered to me today to do a ceramic coat.  It hasn't had the final wipe down or even prep applied, let anything put on it.   The dealer was informed to not wash it prior to delivery and it wasn't.  The prep was a strip wash, iron remover - plenty of rail dust - clay and after a test a spot it only needed Finishing polish, with one small exception that I used Swirl and Scratch remover by hand.

I tend to think this will really pop once it gets completed this weekend.

IMG_0712.JPG

Edited by RayS