Customer Service 866.965.0400

Iron Remover on Sealed Paint

Geoff G

Question

Hey Everyone - I'm new to the forum, so forgive me if this question has been answered before, but I couldn't find anything out there.

I just finished a 2 step paint correction and paint sealer on my car.  i have an order of some new items on the way, including Iron Remover, which i've never used.  My question is:  If i use the Iron Remover on paint that has been sealed, am i going to have to reapply the sealant?  

4 answers to this question

First, Welcome to the Forum Geoff.

I wouldn't bother to use Iron Remove on a vehicle that you've already sealed.  You are better off waiting until the next time you strip it, then use Iron Remove, then Clay, Polish and then your choice of sealant.   As the bottle states, Great for deep-clean prep before claying or polishing.

Yeah, you really want to use it after you've clayed the car on bare paint.  It won't hurt the clear coat or anything, but it will remove any iron residue, brake dust, etc.  Good stuff.  

Welcome to the forum! :welcomebanner:

I would even argue that anything (for the most part) the iron remover would remove, you got off with the polish / paint correction.  If you used it, I think you'd find it not doing anything.  It's best to use this product before polishing as it gets the contaminants off chemically, and then washed away.  That way you're not removing these deposits mechanically with the polisher/pad, which can clog and dirty up your pad and risk light scratches as you continue polishing.