Customer Service 866.965.0400

Glass Sealant

guitaronemike

Question

do you need to apply glass sealant as often to glass that doesn't see rain often or at all?  Just usual drive around, use glass cleaner  to get dust and bugs off...the same as daily driver that see quite a bit more wiper use? Didn't know if depended on how much rain the windshield sees or if it wears off equally

Edited by guitaronemike

2 answers to this question

6 hours ago, guitaronemike said:

do you need to apply glass sealant as often to glass that doesn't see rain often or at all?  Just usual drive around, use glass cleaner  to get dust and bugs off...the same as daily driver that see quite a bit more wiper use? Didn't know if depended on how much rain the windshield sees or if it wears off equally

We get between 3 and 5 months with the wife's garage queen by using the glass boost about once a month.   My 24/7 outside truck gets 2 or 3 months with using boost about once a month.

When we travel,  take glass cleaner with me so I never have to use the harsh stuff at the gas stations and have found it helps with the longevity of the sealant.

No, you shouldn't. The new formula can get up to 4-6 months of average driving, so with reduced driving and use in the rain (less wiper use), it's safe to assume you'll see longer. Like Ray said, apply Glass Boost instead of more Glass Sealant and you'll extend its life, as well.