Customer Service 866.965.0400

Anyone dilute ceramic waterless wash?

HAMBO

Question

Just curious whether anyone has cut the cermaic waterless with some water? Obviously not necessary but it's quite thick in the bottle and I find it a tad streaky on my dark grey car in the hot California sun, so wondering whether anyone has experimented diluting with distilled water.

Thanks!

2 answers to this question

I have a solution that I've found that works for Ceramic Boost, CS3 and Ceramic Waterless Wash.   It is a very special bottle that I use about 2 short sprays on a borderless gray and then I spray the product on the vehicle.  This works in the sun and in the shade and I've found it really helps reduce the streaks.   My actually preference for the Ceramic Boost is to use the wet method and actually rinse the vehicle first, but I don't do that on the first time after I coat a vehicle.

I took an old bottle of Ceramic Boost, blacked out the "Ceramic" and made sure that there was no doubt it only contains pure water.  I keep it on my detail cart and not only do I use it as described above, but if I see streaking starting to happen with Ceramic Boost or CS3, I grab and it give the area a small mist and it knocks out the streaks in a hurry.  

In most cases streaking occurs because you've used too much product or it has dried to too fast.  The mist of water works to dilute the product a bit if you happen to use too much or it gives it a little moisture if it is drying too quickly.

Make sure the water does not contain any contaminants either by getting distilled water or boiling it before use., In my case, I have a in house reverse osmosis system for my drinking water that first goes through a whole house filter and the water is from a well.  I have never had a problem with using it for diluting or misting.

IMG_0727.JPG

IMG_0728.JPG