Customer Service 866.965.0400

Leather Indents

SS LeadFoot

Question

So I have a car seat in the car and when I remove it the leather is smooshed. I have this in a few cars. I have something between the seat and the car seat but I still get indents. Is there a way to get these out? I will take pics soon and post.

5 answers to this question

For real leather, such as the saddle bags, you can use moisture, heat and pressure.  You always want to make sure you have the leather conditioned to reduce the chance of getting new  creases or indents and to ensure the leather is protected.  When in doubt apply a fresh coating of leather conditioner before starting to work on the leather.

If you are able to get to both sides, which is usually a bit more difficult with a vehicle seat, you place a hard flat item underneath. Then using a hot moist towel you can iron over it.  Just be careful not to get it too hot and stretch or worse scorch it.  Alternately you can use a hair drying to heat the leather and massage it by hand.  

For the saddle bags, I have used both methods and most of the time it is a pucker that I'm dealing with because something on the inside is poking the bag.  However, I have also used the hot towel and hair dryer method on vehicles.