Customer Service 866.965.0400
ryanpolishes

White marks on black seats?

Question

Posted (edited)

Let me start by saying that I'm (obviously) no expert interior detailer. Every time I try and clean the black cloth seats in my GTI, they dry and leave white marks. I''m not sure what's happening exactly. I am using the carpet and upholstery cleaner sprayed onto a microfiber and then rubbed against the seat. I am not spraying the chemical directly into the seats. Any advice?

lmDtUjg.jpg

Edited by ryanpolishes

3 answers to this question

Our Carpet & Upholstery Cleaner is Sodium based. What you're seeing could be some of the sodium residue. Take a Terry Cloth Towel, get it wet with warm, clear water, wring it out and dab the spots with the towel, that may be all the more you'll need to do to remove the spots.

I've had a car with cloth seats so dirty, dirt was continually being pulled up leaving similar white spots. I tried an extraction machine, and a steamer; both several times with no luck. I finally resorted to using a tamping brush and our Multi-Use Foaming Cleaner with the extraction machine to get them perfect.

Wife says white vinegar on a damp cloth and blot.  Then blot dry, and brush.  I always listen to her.