Customer Service 866.965.0400

Anybody have experience with VRT becoming less viscous?

blazersdc1

Question

Hey all, I went to go use my VRT for the first time in a month or so and noticed it had considerably thinned out (and separated, but that resolved by just shaking as always). No matter how much I shake it, it still won't return to its normal viscosity. It's about as viscous as detail spray now (pretty close to water). The thinning out itself doesn't bother me, but now the sheen does not last as long on my tires (only about 2 days now) and there's considerable sling. Does anybody have experience with this happening and, if so, how did you fix it? Or, if this isn't normal, do you think Adam's will cover a replacement bottle?

Bottle has remained in A/C when not in use, 70-75F. 

7 answers to this question

How were you storing it? I did have about 1/4 of a bottle left and it was out in my shed. It did the same thing you're describing. I also lost about 2/3 of a gallon of Leather Conditioner 😥. I have started keeping all of my "creme" chemicals inside since then. 

I've had this happen as well with two different bottles, seems like all of a sudden it decides to just turn from cream/gel to water.

Just opened my first bottle of the "new" formula so we'll see how it plays out.

Stored in a climate controlled garage.

Edited by TGHaworth

On 6/18/2020 at 9:10 AM, blazersdc1 said:

@chops1sc

I've been storing it in the original bottle in air conditioning the entire time. It's never seen more than 76 or less than 68...that's what's so weird about it to me. So I assume you were unable to restore it to its original strength/viscosity? 

Unfortunately once it begins to thin out, there isn't a way to restore the thick cream consistency that I know. The only bottles I've ever had thin out are ones that have sat in the sun by mistake or in my hot garage if I didn't have the air conditioning running. If it thins out for me, I then turn that bottle into a diluted spray that I use for engine bays, 30% VRT and 70% water.

The new formula released back in November seems to have an even thicker consistency, and those bottles have held up great so far.  

@chops1sc

I've been storing it in the original bottle in air conditioning the entire time. It's never seen more than 76 or less than 68...that's what's so weird about it to me. So I assume you were unable to restore it to its original strength/viscosity?