Customer Service 866.965.0400

CS3 vs H20 Guard and Gloss vs all Ceramic Sprays

Mantis

Question

Hello all,

OK I wanted to start a thread talking about all the rage right now in ceramic coating, not the professional coating but all these spray coating that hit the market.

The First one I tried from Adams is the H20 guard and gloss. I found it to work amazingly well but didn't like how it sprayed, it was basically to thick. That product probably would have been better as a liquid wax and apply with a pad.

Yesterday for a early Fathers day gift my Son got me CS3 16 oz size as I was washing my Durango yesterday and he gave me all my Adams gifts. I got a Shirt Air fresher , hand soap and the CS3.

The CS3 I used basically like a detail spray. My Truck is already coated with another manufacturers Spray Ceramic coating. I did a clay bar and polish last weekend and then coated with a spray ceramic coating from Griots Garage. Worked great. The CS3 gave it another level of gloss and the feel of the paint I'll describe it to feel like silk. 

So basically I went to the Adams website to check out all the ceramic Spray coating and found a few of them. Adam's has their own Ceramic spray coating but also has another one in a UV ceramic spray coating. So basically 4 of them with H20,CS3 UV and the standard ceramic spray coating. I think there was more but I'm already confused on how to proceed.

Can someone basically explain all these different spray coatings and what they should be used for? Oh and I saw the  Ceramic boost. It's getting a bit much and I want to put together a nice system for my vehicles that I can use. I like to wash all 3 of them each week, like using a spray after a wash to keep it fresh etc. I deeply enjoy detailing my vehicles every weekend as I love a fresh clean vehicle.

I have a garage so they stay in very good condition and light dirt and dust is basically what I clean off. Some weekends one of them may only need a waterless wash and from what I learned the CS3 is a great product for that.

Thanks in advance as I really want to explore all of Adam's ceramic offerings as this is the new path I'm on as I'm moving away from sealants and waxes.

13 answers to this question

Hi Daniel,

Since this is a Adam's forum, we'll only be discussing Adam's products.     Let's start with Ceramic Spray Coating and UV Ceramic Spray Coating.  These are equal products, one has the UV capability to make it easier to see the application.  You need to have a special light, sold separately on Adam's site, to get the benefit of the glow technology.  I've found the UV to be a good selling point with clients to show the coating is applied.  I keep the regular Ceramic Spray Coating and UV in stock and use the one that I think is being for the marketing required.  On my personal vehicles, children's and their spouses, they almost all have the regular CSC.  One family vehicle has the UV since I test everything before it goes on a clients vehicle.

We have a mix of a garage queen, garaged daily drivers and pure outside daily drivers, plus a few driveway queens - those are the ones that sit in the driveway, but are rarely driven.    Starts with my wife's garage queen, it gets wash using a two bucket wash and lambskin wash mitt about once a month.    It is maintained 100% with Adam's products and I only use the best on her vehicle as @falcaineer can attest to. The vehicle is ceramic spray coated and kept immaculate about once a week, I treat the vehicle to either a Ceramic Waterless Wash or CS3.  The Ceramic Waterless Wash came before CS3 and I bought a gallon, it works great and makes for an excellent drying aid after a wash.  Given how good CS3, I doubt I'll buy another gallon of CWW unless the sale is exceptionally good.  

For CS3, this is my go to for topping Ceramic coated vehicles after a wash that gets washed every couple of weeks.  The about once a month the vehicle gets Ceramic Boost as a drying aid.  I do not put CB on a vehicle using the dry method unless the weather doesn't permit it.  Then I use a moist method which is a couple of light sprays of purified water on the towel, then a spray of CB on the vehicle.  A little CB goes a long way and the biggest complication is when people use too much, then it tends to streak and the pure dry method can also streak according to your climate.

For the Ceramic Side of the house, my recommendation is Adam's Ceramic Spray Coating, CS3 for doing waterless washes and for a drying aid after a regular wash.  The exception is ever 4 to 6 weeks according to your vehicle usage and climate to use Ceramic Boost in lieu of CS3.   Unless you are challenged with seeing where you have applied the Ceramic Spray Coating or are doing vehicles for clients, you don't need the UV variant.  It is a personal choice and is no harm if you choose to us it for your annual to semi-annual strip, polish and coating routine.

I have one and only one place that I use H20 and while I know it has ceramic properties that is not why I use it. I use H20 in lieu of ceramic coating on pure white vehicles or ones with the Pearl white color.  I don't know what it is about the properties of H20 and the white vehicles, but I have found nothing that can compare to it for making a while vehicle look absolutely beautiful.

I hope this helps on your quest to get the optimal Adam's products for your vehicles and usage characteristics.

Excellent information man thanks a lot. So the UV the only difference is the ability to see it with the UV light so you can make sure you coated correctly, I get that. 

I didn't think the CS3 was a drying agent but that makes sense. I also didn't think the Ceramic Boost was a drying agent but that is also makes some sense. Are they both water active? I know the H20 is and is a sealant with some ceramic prosperities, that product works very well.

I also watched the entire video  on  Adam's Ceramic kit with the prep spray Boost and small bootle of actual Ceramic coating. That is something I may venture into next.

I'm probably going to get a 2021 Durango or Jeep Grand Cherokee Hemi Models of course of some level and do a full paint correction and then go for a full coating. 

I know this is a Adam's forum but I'm sure every single member in here has used other products and compared them to Adam's or uses stuff along side of Adam's stuff. So I don't exactly agree with only talking about Adam's stuff but if that's the rules I'm cool with that. 

Good info from @RayS above, and it looks like you're on your way.

To clarify, CS3 and Ceramic Boost are not "water activated" like HGG, but they do work as drying aids on a wet vehicle. Just be sure to not use in direct sunlight if at all possible as silica-infused products tend to streak in those circumstances. 

The Hybrid technology version of HGG released last year has acrylic resin, carnauba flake and silica resin. While it can be used on a ceramic coating, there are better options within the Adam's lineup of silica-infused product to maintain it.

11 hours ago, Mantis said:

I know this is a Adam's forum but I'm sure every single member in here has used other products and compared them to Adam's or uses stuff along side of Adam's stuff. So I don't exactly agree with only talking about Adam's stuff but if that's the rules I'm cool with that.

Yes, those are the rules within the User Agreement. We allow light discussion, but links, endorsement, excessive discussion, etc are not allowed. We appreciate your understanding,l!

@Mantis I use H2O G&G often (used it yesterday on the wife's Accord with a Rinseless Wash) and I love it.  That being said, the sprayer that comes with the bottle does not produce the best results.  Try the sprayer that comes with the Premium Dilution bottle, or do what I did and get a Tolco sprayer  I use the 320ARS black and gold model, but any of the Tolco 320 models should work fine (this the sprayer the Premium Dilution bottle had in the past).

2 hours ago, falcaineer said:

Good info from @RayS above, and it looks like you're on your way.

To clarify, CS3 and Ceramic Boost are not "water activated" like HGG, but they do work as drying aids on a wet vehicle. Just be sure to not use in direct sunlight if at all possible as silica-infused products tend to streak in those circumstances. 

The Hybrid technology version of HGG released last year has acrylic resin, carnauba flake and silica resin. While it can be used on a ceramic coating, there are better options within the Adam's lineup of silica-infused product to maintain it.

Yes, those are the rules within the User Agreement. We allow light discussion, but links, endorsement, excessive discussion, etc are not allowed. We appreciate your understanding,l!

All good my friend. I'm moving all towards a all Adam's Polishes arsenal anyway. I just been over the years trying to navigate all the changes that have happened since I use to be a professional Detailer back in the late 80's early 90's. I use to use Rotary Buffers and just got a D/A Polisher for my Birthday in June.

I figured that those 2 products where not water activated as they don't mention any of that in their specs. I usually use Detail spray as my drying agent but I might once in a while hit it with CS3 since this product is so good. I'm gonna pick up a gallon of it.

18 minutes ago, mc2hill said:

@Mantis I use H2O G&G often (used it yesterday on the wife's Accord with a Rinseless Wash) and I love it.  That being said, the sprayer that comes with the bottle does not produce the best results.  Try the sprayer that comes with the Premium Dilution bottle, or do what I did and get a Tolco sprayer  I use the 320ARS black and gold model, but any of the Tolco 320 models should work fine (this the sprayer the Premium Dilution bottle had in the past).

I think H20 is just to thick for that sprayer it comes with. I'll have to grab a 320 and try it out. Where do you buy your sprayers from?

On 6/22/2020 at 10:57 AM, Mantis said:

I think H20 is just to thick for that sprayer it comes with. I'll have to grab a 320 and try it out. Where do you buy your sprayers from?

The last few times I bought 5 or more and they came from Amazon, but most detailing supply companies have them, including several Adams dealers - detailing.com is one I have used before.

@Mantis This is my H2O G&G setup, if you are looking for a better performing sprayer - the gold & black is the Tolco 320ARS Acid Resistant (probably overkill, but this one was recommended and I like it!).  The grey sprayer is the Tolco 320CR Chemical Resistant head on my Tire & Rubber Cleaner. I also upgraded my Wheel Cleaner with one of these Chemical Resistant sprayers.

20200621_114429_Fotor.jpg.dafa2d08f29e6472b1c3351c559b2d6b.jpg

I just gotta say that Cs3 is my favorite overall Detail product ever. I mean it's so useful in so many ways. It's a Waterless wash if you need to do some light cleanup and don't want to do a full wash. It can be used on all surfaces and it's excels at all of them. It can be used as a drying agent every so often. I don't like to use it every week but I totally would. I use it about once or twice a month depending. The water beads stay full strength for such a long time it's not necessary to keep applying.

This stuff is excellent as a topper on your coating. I mean it gives one of if not the very best shine I have ever seen. On white paint or Purple it looks crazy amazing.