Customer Service 866.965.0400

All Purpose Interior Cleaning Gel vs Interior Detailer

edlosee

Question

I just bought the All Purpose Interior Cleaning Gel because I like that it doesn't drip down like water.

I'm a little confused though... can I just use it and it be the only product I use? Or is it only a cleaner and I have to have some sort of separate dressing as well?

I have leather seats with suede accents.. is it also safe on sueded?

It's my first time personally taking care of (or actually taking care of) my new car, so I want to do it right from the beginning.

Already have an arsenal for the exterior, but I have no idea how to clean my interior.

I was just planning on using the all purpose interior gel and separate microfiber towels for different parts.

Is there another product I should be using that protects the dashboard/seats/steering wheel other than the all purpose interior cleaning gel?

If I want to use just one product, should I just be using the Interior Detailer?

8 answers to this question

First, welcome! Be sure to post an intro in the New Member forum so we can get to know you.

I love the Gel, so easy to use and cleans great. I'll try to answer your questions...

4 hours ago, edlosee said:

can I just use it and it be the only product I use? Or is it only a cleaner and I have to have some sort of separate dressing as well?

Yes, it can be used by itself. But ID or something like Leather Conditioner will leave it more complete looking, if that makes sense.

I have leather seats with suede accents.. is it also safe on sueded?

No, it's not for use on suede. Try Carpet and Upholstery Cleaner, very lightly, for that. Here's a video.

Is there another product I should be using that protects the dashboard/seats/steering wheel other than the all purpose interior cleaning gel?

The Gel doesn't have protection properties. That's what ID or Leather Conditioner are good for, as is the Interior Protection Paste. The Leather and Vinyl Coating is also a great option that I found easy to use and leaves a great finish (not for suede!)

If I want to use just one product, should I just be using the Interior Detailer?

ID is a great all around product for maintenance and light cleaning. Again, it's not for suede, though. You'll likley need a couple of options depending on what you're doing.

Okay so maybe I bought the interior cleaning gel too early...

Do I need to use the detailer every clean and then the conditioner every month or so?

Or is the interior detailer sufficient enough to keep the leather "conditioned"?

16 hours ago, falcaineer said:

First, welcome! Be sure to post an intro in the New Member forum so we can get to know you.

I love the Gel, so easy to use and cleans great. I'll try to answer your questions...

Yes, it can be used by itself. But ID or something like Leather Conditioner will leave it more complete looking, if that makes sense.

No, it's not for use on suede. Try Carpet and Upholstery Cleaner, very lightly, for that. Here's a video.

The Gel doesn't have protection properties. That's what ID or Leather Conditioner are good for, as is the Interior Protection Paste. The Leather and Vinyl Coating is also a great option that I found easy to use and leaves a great finish (not for suede!)

ID is a great all around product for maintenance and light cleaning. Again, it's not for suede, though. You'll likley need a couple of options depending on what you're doing.

Okay so maybe I bought the interior cleaning gel too early...

Do I need to use the detailer every clean and then the conditioner every month or so?

Or is the interior detailer sufficient enough to keep the leather/dashboard "conditioned"?

Edited by edlosee

I like to use the ID every cleaning, Gel for deep cleaning, and then the Leather Conditioner as needed. The Leather Conditioner has higher UV protection, and it leaves a nice sheen as well as leather scent. Another option is the Interior Dressing, which leaves a matte finish with no scent. Here's a side by side of Interior Dressing on the left, nothing/normal daily wear in the middle, and Conditioner on the right.

IMG_20190601_191723_389.thumb.jpg.efc704411ec6190e457ace0e8d84d6a9.jpg

4 minutes ago, falcaineer said:

I like to use the ID every cleaning, Gel for deep cleaning, and then the Leather Conditioner as needed. The Leather Conditioner has higher UV protection, and it leaves a nice sheen as well as leather scent. Another option is the Interior Dressing, which leaves a matte finish with no scent. Here's a side by side of Interior Dressing on the left, nothing/normal daily wear in the middle, and Conditioner on the right.

IMG_20190601_191723_389.thumb.jpg.efc704411ec6190e457ace0e8d84d6a9.jpg

Could not be a more perfect response.

Thank you so much!

And just to clarify, the one on the left is the Leather & Interior Dressing, right?

It looks like the Leather Conditioner is a little too much shine for my taste

Edited by edlosee

1 hour ago, falcaineer said:

Already ordered! Thanks for the help!

I LOVE having my car shiny, but not the leather. Your picture prevented a regretful purchase (albeit less than $20)

Thank you!!

21 hours ago, edlosee said:

Already ordered! Thanks for the help!

I LOVE having my car shiny, but not the leather. Your picture prevented a regretful purchase (albeit less than $20)

Thank you!!

Moved this thread to the Interior Section, hope you don't mind. The Leather & Interior Dressing works great. I think you'll be very happy with that purchase!

You can dull-down our Leather Conditioner too though if you work it into the surface and then use a microfiber towel to wipe away excess, leaving a nice dark, satin-like finish without too much shine. The Leather & Interior Dressing will give an even more matte finish though 👍