Customer Service 866.965.0400

Layering H2O G&G, Brilliant Glaze, and Buttery Wax

edlosee

Question

I'm very new to washing my own car and smart me got a new black car.

Bought a bunch of Adam's products after research and I'm excited to get started.

I'm pretty comfortable with my regular washing part of the maintenance wash and dry with Detail Spray.

For "post-wash" I have H2O G&G, Brilliant Glaze, and Buttery Wax.

What is the proper order to layer those three chemicals?

From my research, it seems like it should be H2O G&G > Brilliant Glaze > Buttery Wax.

I will use Detail Spray to dry > Brilliant Glaze > Buttery Wax for regular washes, and H2O G&G instead of Detail Spray every month or two.

I plan on getting a professional detail once or twice a year because I'm not that confident in it plus I don't want to spend much time beyond what I have listed above, so this is pretty much to maintain the best condition and shine possible between full details.

Just wanted to confirm the sequence of my wash/mini-detail with some more experienced folks.

Thanks!

Edited by edlosee

4 answers to this question

Yep, that's a very solid plan there! Just make sure to use quality microfiber towels if you want to avoid the chance of swirl marks as much as possible, especially on a black vehicle. I'm not sure what type of towels you have or if you ordered any of ours, but if your towels have any tags, demote them to interior, engine bay, exhaust tips, etc. I would keep any lower quality towels away from paint, and make sure to wash your towels often too. Wash Pads and Wash Mitts are very important to keep clean as well, so make sure to use Grit Guards in your buckets if you haven't already done that 👍

If you upkeep with H2O Guard and Buttery Wax, you most likely won't need the professional detail twice a year unless they are going to do something like iron decontamination or claying and polishing the surface (I wouldn't really recommend polishing twice a year either though, as that may eventually begin to wear through the clear coat in some areas polishing twice a year every year, especially if they don't know what they are doing or are using a rotary buffer instead of a random orbital polisher).

2 hours ago, Dan@Adams said:

Yep, that's a very solid plan there! Just make sure to use quality microfiber towels if you want to avoid the chance of swirl marks as much as possible, especially on a black vehicle. I'm not sure what type of towels you have or if you ordered any of ours, but if your towels have any tags, demote them to interior, engine bay, exhaust tips, etc. I would keep any lower quality towels away from paint, and make sure to wash your towels often too. Wash Pads and Wash Mitts are very important to keep clean as well, so make sure to use Grit Guards in your buckets if you haven't already done that 👍

If you upkeep with H2O Guard and Buttery Wax, you most likely won't need the professional detail twice a year unless they are going to do something like iron decontamination or claying and polishing the surface (I wouldn't really recommend polishing twice a year either though, as that may eventually begin to wear through the clear coat in some areas polishing twice a year every year, especially if they don't know what they are doing or are using a rotary buffer instead of a random orbital polisher).

Oh, even better!

I guess I'll go in once a year or something then to get a full detail