Customer Service 866.965.0400

Plan on ceramic coat. Should I also apply film?

GoldenArch

Question

Been awhile since I lurked here. My 2007 Trailblazer SS took some shingles from my house straight across the roof, hood, and the tops of most other panels. 

For a small extra fee he agreed to repaint the rest that wasn’t covered by insurance. 

Now that it’s all painted. I want to get it ceramic coated once the paint has cured. I had my wife’s expedition ceramic coated using cquartz and dang if that coating doesn’t leave the paint shining so much easier. 

THE QUESTION:

the front bumper cover is a large flat black area that loves to attract road debris and other unfriendly objects. 

Should I have a clear film applied to the front bumper and front portion of the fenders/hood to help protect from chips? While ceramic/graphemes coating the rest?

Thanks for the opinions!

pics for clarity...Older pic of the front bumper. It no longer has a front license plate. 

9EE885E1-32F3-4754-B35E-7D54ACF1680F.jpeg

5C887378-12DF-4D8A-A93D-3A717CDC6D4D.jpeg

F20B013D-52C5-4CC6-999E-BD30C11BDE1C.jpeg

6 answers to this question

If you have the opportunity to have a quality PPF applied to the front and headlights, I will absolutely recommend doing so.  The PPF can be polished and coated just like paint, but when it gets all chewed up, it can be replaced rather easily.  It won't protect against every rock chip, but it should cut now the down and a significant amount.  

32 minutes ago, RayS said:

If you have the opportunity to have a quality PPF applied to the front and headlights, I will absolutely recommend doing so.  The PPF can be polished and coated just like paint, but when it gets all chewed up, it can be replaced rather easily.  It won't protect against every rock chip, but it should cut now the down and a significant amount.  

Thanks for the reply. Is there a brand PPF that you recommend? 

22 hours ago, GoldenArch said:

Thanks for the reply. Is there a brand PPF that you recommend? 

I have used a couple of well rated brands and they have been equal in quality in my opinion.  I usually end up with 3M because it seems to be readily available from a couple of local shops and within a day if I need to order it.