Customer Service 866.965.0400

Seatbelt cleaning

8675309'SS

Question

Hey Adams Fam,

Got a new to me ride. Picked it up Tuesday.  First white car, and first light interior 😳. Time to go to work.
Seatbelts are tan and I can see some light dirt. So far I haven’t seen anything really nasty. They do have a smell from whatever product the dealership used to “clean” or “freshen” them and need to get rid of it soon. 🤢 @falcaineer @shane@detailedreflections Any tips? I don’t want to saturate them. Tools at my disposal: Carpet & upholstery cleaner, multi-use foaming cleaner, APC, vinegar, a handheld steamer, clamp to keep the belt from retracting, various microfibers, upholstery brush.
What method / combos have worked well for you all?
Picture for attention.

41C12CEC-EC01-44E7-96DF-BFB460347618.jpeg

9 answers to this question

Welcome back, Jen! Hadn't seen you on here in a while so it's good to see you back.

Good advice from @mc2hill above. CUC and a towel and/or brush should work well. The steamer is also a great option if you want to sanitize, as well. I like to spray cleaner, agitate with the brush and mop with the towel. I'll also use the steamer to clean if it's pretty dirty. The Multi Use Foaming Cleaner works great, but has a VERY wide pattern so is better for floorboards, seats, etc. And it has more of an industrial scent.

Now, let's see the outside! Remember, for white, I have yet to find a better combo than PS and HGG. And I've used it all.

I've used diluted APC on a rag and wiped them down with good success.  A good brushing after. For the smell,  Odor Neutralizer or even Febreeze works, just don't spray it heavy. 

10 minutes ago, 8675309'SS said:

Thanks fellas. Got the interior done yesterday. And did a quick wash. Needs polishing, but I’m going to wait until after they fix a gouge in the bumper next week.  Here it is:

874D6673-8EEC-4871-A0AC-B3C70E5E7B6F.jpeg

58E0FF1B-7F51-4773-8257-4DDD7EE42CCC.jpeg

080FC5AB-AC85-4F9B-902F-65054889D773.jpeg

07DEFC85-6EBE-4090-ABF7-FDF35A1D1125.jpeg

5BB40209-27B4-4E4E-A74B-2A9A428BFD66.jpeg

Nice ride, Jen 👍🏼🔥

Thanks Chris, and Ray.  Rich, my family all worked for GM so I’ve stayed within their family of companies. But the lack of car offerings means the next purchase might go to a different manufacturer; unless I end up with another Camaro or go back to a truck. Im just not really an SUV person.  At any rate, it was time to replace the Astra and this one is pretty fun with its 259 HP and 295 lbs torque.  And it still floats over the bumps.  Still getting used to that floaty feeling. I’m accustomed to a sportier stiffer ride. I was looking for a 2018+ Regal GS with the V6, but they are hard to come by.
Definitely need iron remover with this weekend’s wash and some clay bar love. 

I hear ya.  I had a sporty little AWD Cadillac CTS coupe that I traded in for the Equinox simply because the darn thing had no trunk!  Put four bags of groceries in it and it was full!  So we needed something larger, I wanted another Cadillac, but the larger XT5 and the wife wanted another car (XTS). Both AWD.  Well, what we liked in new cars we couldn't afford, and could find nothing in a certified used that was worth spending money on.  We even looked at the Acura RDX, Buick Envision,  and she saw a Lexus that she loved. Anyhow after three months of nightly looking online for something we could both agree on I think we just got worn down.  Saw the interior of the Nox, it was fully loaded like the Cadillac (minus the nav, but I have a Garmin), and the two color interior was decent.  She didn't like it (still doesn't) but just gave in so I wasn't dragging her all over town after town any more to look at cars.  

So now it has 8000 miles on it and the check engine light is on. Taking it to the dealer tomorrow.  GM just doesn't make a good car any more.  And I've never had anything other than GM, except for one Ford Bronco that I inherited when my brother died.  Always been GM.  Found myself looking at the Lincoln Corsair the other day. Sorry to ramble.  Just disgusted with the quality of this thing when the sticker was over $40K.   But I'm not ready for a Chrysler or Ford yet!!  :lolsmack: