Customer Service 866.965.0400

New Adams polishes vs old

UofAZCats

Question

I have a have used the older Heavy Correcting (blue), the Correcting (orange) and the Fine Polish (white).  Having run out of Heavy I ordered the Compound assuming it is the basically the replacement for the Heavy per description and color.  This may seem obvious but was the Correcting replaced by Scratch & Swirl?  It seems clear that the Fine was replaced by the Polish (white).  The old were set up as blue was for heavy duty issues then the orange and then the white to smooth it all out.  Is that still the idea?  Adams used to sell the three as a set, if I recall correctly, but they only seem to group the blue and white now. 

Another question is how does the sprayable compound that Adams offered fit into the order of these?

Just trying to get a understanding of these different products.    Thank for any help.

4 answers to this question

Correct, Adam's now has a 2-step system. Compound essentially replaced HCC and CP. Polish replaced Finishing Polish. You can use Compound as a one step, but on certain colors and paints you may still need to use the Polish to finish the job, remove haze, etc. It's all individual car dependent.

The Sprayable Compound is no longer sold, it was very short lived, but it's similar to the current Compound, which can also be sprayed. 

Hope that helps!

11 hours ago, Bscott94 said:

The new Orange Scratch & Swirl Remover is meant to be used by hand. Compound and Polish replaced the 3 step process. 

Hi Brandon,

I have used the Scratch & Swirl following the online and container instructions using it by hand and machine and both work exceptionally well.  It comes down to the condition of the surface you are working on and having the right pads to go with the product being used.   One of the things I like about the product is the flexibility of being able to use it by hand or machine.  On golf carts, I've found that I can do about 75% with a machine, the other 25% requires hand because of decals or tight spaces.  With Scratch & Swirl Remover, I'm able to use one product to do the entire cart.

The blue Hand Polish is meant to be used by hand and does not have any information about machine use.  I have tried it just so I could get a comparison to Revive Hand Polish and in my opinion, they worked in an identical manner.