Jump to content
Customer Service 866.965.0400

Recommended Posts

Unless its me, how come there is no info out there to wth is in Slick and Slide ? No mention as to the ingredients, how long it lasts, etc etc. Is it a secret formula that no one in the world is privy to ? I love the stuff but need more info about it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

This is from the site, think of it as a super slick DS.

 

Adam’s Slick & Slide is an evolution of a hyper-slick polymer detail spray that we know you’re going to love! This express detailer smells as good as it works too! This product is for those addicted to slickness and shine.

  • Hyper Slick, Quick Detailing Spray
  • Cross-linking Polymer Technology
  • Generates a Highly Glossy and Hydrophobic Surface
  • Hawaiian Punch Scented

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi Jimmy, Chris nailed it there. Slick & Slide is very much like an enhanced Detail Spray.

 

It's polymer-based, so it works great as a topper for many of our products - waxes, sealants, and ceramic coatings. As a test a few weeks back, I used it on the trunk of my daily driver, which is ceramic coated. I did a quick Waterless Wash of the area and felt a little rough in that area (I'm slowly but surely re-correcting the whole car - clay, compound, polish, protection). The trunk definitely needs to be clayed, but as a test I applied Slick & Slide on passenger side of the clean but slightly rough trunk panel.

 

I was instantly amazed at how crazy the towel was gliding over the surface and then instantly had tension when I moved it over to the driver side of the trunk that was only cleaned with Waterless Wash. It performed exactly how Adam shows the towels moving on glass at the end of this quick product video:
 

 

I'm very impressed with Slick & Slide. We've been testing this one for several months, and you may have even seen some bottles of it hidden in the background of Adam's barn in some of our recent videos and facebook live sessions :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

How does it compare to H2O G&G?  Not a complaint, but the product line just seems a little overwhelming.  Maybe it's the OCD in me--wanting to have the best, but understanding what's different and why it's actually better.

 

As it stands, I did a full correction--clay, polish, seal, BG, then topped with Americana.  I wash every 3-7 days, I was using detail spray as a drying agent and between washes.  Recently, I started using H2O G&G after washes.  I usually renew the BG and Americana every 4 weeks or so.  Sometimes the BG as an extra topper, although I'm as impressed with it as I expected to be. 

 

Long story short, where does slick and slide stack up into the product line?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, Dan@Adams said:

It's polymer-based, so it works great as a topper for many of our products - waxes, sealants, and ceramic coatings

I had not bought any of the Slick & Slide to even since so many of my vehicles are ceramic now.  I just reread the product page and even read over it again or it is not listed that it works with Ceramic Coatings.  However, your word has always been good, so I just added a bottle to my wishlist now that it is working again.    Thanks Dan.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

Slick and Slide is becoming one of my favorite products. I have gone over my Challenger twice now and the slickness is crazy, the foam would barely sit on the surface from the foam gun when I washed it.

 

I have it layered over H2O G&G and that seems to work great, tight beads good panel clearing with pooling,

Edited by PacificNWBuckeye

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 hours ago, Dan@Adams said:

Hi Jimmy, Chris nailed it there. Slick & Slide is very much like an enhanced Detail Spray.

 

It's polymer-based, so it works great as a topper for many of our products - waxes, sealants, and ceramic coatings. As a test a few weeks back, I used it on the trunk of my daily driver, which is ceramic coated. I did a quick Waterless Wash of the area and felt a little rough in that area (I'm slowly but surely re-correcting the whole car - clay, compound, polish, protection). The trunk definitely needs to be clayed, but as a test I applied Slick & Slide on passenger side of the clean but slightly rough trunk panel.

 

I was instantly amazed at how crazy the towel was gliding over the surface and then instantly had tension when I moved it over to the driver side of the trunk that was only cleaned with Waterless Wash. It performed exactly how Adam shows the towels moving on glass at the end of this quick product video:
 

 

I'm very impressed with Slick & Slide. We've been testing this one for several months, and you may have even seen some bottles of it hidden in the background of Adam's barn in some of our recent videos and facebook live sessions :)

Thanks for the explanation. I know you guys don't want to give any secrets away to the competition but is there any wax in this product at all, will it build up, how is the longevity of this product?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 hours ago, GT350_Voodoo said:

How does it compare to H2O G&G?  Not a complaint, but the product line just seems a little overwhelming.  Maybe it's the OCD in me--wanting to have the best, but understanding what's different and why it's actually better.

 

As it stands, I did a full correction--clay, polish, seal, BG, then topped with Americana.  I wash every 3-7 days, I was using detail spray as a drying agent and between washes.  Recently, I started using H2O G&G after washes.  I usually renew the BG and Americana every 4 weeks or so.  Sometimes the BG as an extra topper, although I'm as impressed with it as I expected to be. 

 

Long story short, where does slick and slide stack up into the product line?


You can think of Slick & Slide as an enhanced Detail Spray with the hydrophobic behavior of H2O Guard; however I don't feel it will be as durable as an application of H2O Guard, since I can typically get 2-3 months of protection out of one application of H2O Guard. Slick & Slide is more like a hyper detail spray to add fast and easy shine and slickness to the paint, whereas H2O Guard & Gloss is a water-activate sealant that requires a little more effort to work into the surface. The product line is always growing and evolving, but that doesn't necessarily mean that someone has to use every product - we like to introduce innovative new products to give customers different options when detailing. 

For my personal vehicles, H2O Guard & Gloss was my go-to product for many years, but I now find myself using CS3 more often due to its easier application and incredible performance. 

As far as where Slick & Slide stacks up in our spray product line, I would say it goes something like this in terms of durability and longevity:

Detail Spray - Spray Wax - Slick & Slide - Ceramic Waterless - CS3 - Ceramic Boost - H2O Guard & Gloss

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
31 minutes ago, Dan@Adams said:


You can think of Slick & Slide as an enhanced Detail Spray with the hydrophobic behavior of H2O Guard; however I don't feel it will be as durable as an application of H2O Guard, since I can typically get 2-3 months of protection out of one application of H2O Guard. Slick & Slide is more like a hyper detail spray to add fast and easy shine and slickness to the paint, whereas H2O Guard & Gloss is a water-activate sealant that requires a little more effort to work into the surface. The product line is always growing and evolving, but that doesn't necessarily mean that someone has to use every product - we like to introduce innovative new products to give customers different options when detailing. 

For my personal vehicles, H2O Guard & Gloss was my go-to product for many years, but I now find myself using CS3 more often due to its easier application and incredible performance. 

As far as where Slick & Slide stacks up in our spray product line, I would say it goes something like this in terms of durability and longevity:

Detail Spray - Spray Wax - Slick & Slide - Ceramic Waterless - CS3 - Ceramic Boost - H2O Guard & Gloss

Dan, thanks for the detailed reply, I appreciate it!  I think I'll order it and see how I like it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, 07stanggt said:

Thanks for the explanation. I know you guys don't want to give any secrets away to the competition but is there any wax in this product at all, will it build up, how is the longevity of this product?


It is polymer-based like Detail Spray, so it doesn't have any actual carnauba or other wax in it. Any type of protection product can eventually build up with too many layers though if you use it often enough. I've had the prototype on my trunk lid for about a month and it's holding up well. It does have up to about 30 days of protection, but it can be used after every wash or every other wash to maintain other protection on the vehicle, as a fast way to get some added protection and self-cleaning properties on the surface 👍

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

Here is how I have used Slick and Slide so far...

 

On Ceramic Coating....I have used it behind each wheel, you know where you get that extra road crud and tar sometimes,  well A LOT less crap has stuck and the couple speckles of tar, basically fell off with  a light touch from my finger.

 

Also on the entire front clip,  a whole lot less bugs sticking for sure!  And they come off so incredibly easy!  Again a light touch of the finger, not to mention what a pressure washer does.  Also on side mirrors for same purpose.

 

Really enjoying this stuff so far

Edited by Nickfire20

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I put two coats of it on last week.  Was working on my car Saturday.  Later that evening went to put the car cover back on.

 

Which is sometimes a pain with one person anyway.

 

Took me a second to realize what was happening.

 

Threw it on the roof.  Damn cover kept sliding off.  Started to get pissed.

 

Then it hit me.  Sick and slide.  It does work!!!!!!!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I am waiting for the new Ceramic spray :)

The slick and slide will be its topper after its cured.

I have been using the slick and slide on my wife's Rogue and its the only spray that brings out and outstanding gloss and makes it a lot easier to wash :)

My retirement gift to me car GLC 300 gets the new ceramic spray :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I like slick and slide in every way except for ONE big problem.  It makes so much lint come off my towels and stick to the car.  Yes adams' towels, washed the adams way.  I don't have this problem with DS or H20.  Anyone else? Any fix?  I've used single soft and double soft.  I have to go back over it with detail spray, and there's still some lint.  Like the shine and protection though!

2B1B8D34-A3BF-4BFB-BDBB-DDCC91A07FAF.jpeg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
34 minutes ago, SGM CAMARO said:

I like slick and slide in every way except for ONE big problem.  It makes so much lint come off my towels and stick to the car.  Yes adams' towels, washed the adams way.  I don't have this problem with DS or H20.  Anyone else? Any fix?  I've used single soft and double soft.  I have to go back over it with detail spray, and there's still some lint.  Like the shine and protection though!

2B1B8D34-A3BF-4BFB-BDBB-DDCC91A07FAF.jpeg


I haven't had this issue, but we do use Borderless Gray Towels on most of the darker color vehicles at the Barrett-Jackson auctions to avoid any linting issues (we receive new towels at the shows, so we don't have time to wash them before use until a few days into the show when we start to wash loads of towels every night). 

Make sure to shake out your Single Soft and Double Soft Towels thoroughly before use. It's also possible that these few towels you tried have some contamination in them. You could try washing only the problematic towels again using warm water and Towel & Pad Revitalizer as the detergent to see if another wash cycle would help to remove any extra lint in the towels. Are you drying them in your dryer? If so, maybe try to clean the inside drum out before you dry them next time to make sure no lint is present. Or you could try hanging them to air dry as a test.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I have had the same problem.  I thought it was just me.

 

Used two separate towels.  A double and triple soft.

 

It left lint also. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Thanks, that sounds like good advice.  I will keep trying with your suggestions.  The thing is the exact same towel does not leave strands with DS but does with S&S.  It's so weird how sticky it is at first before it goes slick.  The strands left behind are like statically attached or something.   I might try using a twisted loop drying towel too.  That shouldn't lose any strands.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...